Owner’s Certificate (rev.4 /2019) Page 2 of 4
7. All tenant facilities included in the eligible basis under Section 42(d) of the Code of any building in the project, such as
swimming pools, other recreational facilities, parking areas, washer/dryer hookups, and appliances were provided on a
comparable basis to all tenants in the buildings:
8. If a low-income unit in the project has been vacant during the year, reasonable attempts were or are being made to rent
that unit to tenants having a qualifying income before any units were or will be rented to tenants not having qualifying
9. If the income of tenants of a low-income unit in any building increased above 140% of the applicable income limit, the next
available unit in the building was or will be rented to residents having a qualifying income:
10. An extended low-income housing commitment as described in IRS Section 42(h)(6) was in effect, including the requirement
under Section 42(h)(6)(B)(iv) that an owner cannot refuse to lease a unit in the project to an applicant because the applicant
holds a voucher or certificate or eligibility under Section 8 of the United States Housing Act of 1937, 42 U.S.C. 1437s.
11. Owner has not refused to lease a unit to an applicant based solely on their status as a holder of Section 8 voucher and the
project otherwise meets the provisions, including any special provisions, as outlined in the extended low-income housing
12. The owner received its credit allocation from the portion of the state ceiling set-aside for a project involving “qualified non-
profit organizations” under Section 42(h)(5) of the Code and its non-profit entity materially participated in the operation of
the development within the meaning of Section 469(h) of the Code.
13. There has been no change in the ownership or management of the project:
If “Change”, complete page 3 detailing the changes in ownership or management of the project.
14. The owner has notified each applicant and tenant, via Form HUD – 5380, of their rights under the Violence Against Women
Act, Pub. L. No. 103-322, tit IV, 108 Stat. 1902 (1994), VAWA 2005, Pub. L. No. 109-162, 4402, 119 Stat. 2960, 3041-49
(2006), VAWA 2013, Pub. L. 113-4, 601, 127, Stat. 54 (2013) and if applicable VAWA 2013: Implementation in HUD
Housing programs, 81 Fed. Reg. 80, 724 (Nov. 16, 2016) “HUD VAWA Final Rule” and distributed Form HUD-5382,
VAWA self-certification form.
15. The owner has not increased the rent charged to each existing tenant (excluding any rental assistance) by more than 5.00
percent annually, including due to changes in utility allowance calculations.
16. The on-site Property Management office has office hours of at least 20 hours every week.
17. The owner has registered and posted the property on our Housing Resource Center (https://www.nj.gov/njhrc/)
and actively updated property information.