Explanation Of This Form
1. Notice of Intent to Clear Land.
The majority of the desert plants fall into one of four groups specially protected from theft, vandalism or unnecessary
destruction. They include all of the cacti, the unique plants like Ocotillo, and trees like Ironwood, Palo Verde and Mesquite. In
most cases the destruction of these protected plants may be avoided if the private landowner gives prior notice to the Arizona
Department of Agriculture.
2. Notice Period.
When properly completed, this form is to be sent to the Department within the time periods described below. Landowners/
developers are encouraged to salvage protected native plants whenever possible.
3. Information to Interested Parties.
The information in this notice will be posted in the applicable state office of the Department and mailed to those parties
(salvage operators, revegetation experts) who have an interest in these plants and may approach the landowner with the
possibility of saving the plant(s) from unnecessary destruction.
Notice to Landowner:
1. The owner may not begin destruction of protected native plants until he receives confirmation from the Arizona Department of
Agriculture and the time prescribed below has elapsed. The “Confirmed” stamp only verifies that the Notice has been filed.
Size of area over which the Destruction of Plants will occur Length of Notice Period
Less than one acre 20 days, oral or written
One acre or more, but less than 40 acres 30 days, written
40 acres or more 60 days, written
2. If you are clearing land over an area of less than one acre, oral notice may be given by calling the applicable state office at the
telephone number given below.
3. If the land clearing or plant salvage does not occur within one year, a new Notice is required.
4. This Notice must be sent to the applicable state office of the Department of Agriculture at the address given below:
Notice to salvagers: Consent of the landowner is required before entering any lands described in this notice.
1688 W. Adams
Phoenix, AZ 85007
(602) 364 -0935
400 W. Congress Ste.124
Tucson, AZ 85701
M-F 8a.m. - 11:30 a.m.