PARADE RULES AND LIABILITY WAIVER
City of North Charleston Christmas Parade
1. There will be only one Santa Claus in our parade and he rides on our City Fire Truck. Do not
dress up as Santa Claus, it confuses the children.
2. Each entry is allowed a MAXIMUM OF TWO VEHICLES (with the exception of motorcycle and
car club entries). If you arrive with more than what is indicated on your entry form, you will be
3. All entries, including golf carts and cars, must be well lit and decorated. Marching units are
encouraged to use glow sticks, tinsel, reflective tape, and other portable light sources.
4. All music played, sung, or performed should be holiday themed.
5. All participants must enter the parade line up area from West Enterprise Street. Refer to map
provided. Call 843-740-5854, PRIOR TO PARADE DAY if you need directions.
6. Groups may not purposefully stop to perform along the route; all participants must keep the
parade moving. Gaps in the parade line make onlookers think the parade is over and then
they start to walk in the street - this is not safe! We repeat: KEEP MOVING!
7. Any generators used for lighting cannot be set up inside of an enclosed vehicle.
8. No giveaways or candy may be thrown from moving vehicles. Any candy or promotional items
must be handed out by walkers.
9. Participants cannot join or leave during the parade at any time. Getting on/off floats and
vehicles while the parade is in progress is strictly prohibited.
10. All entries with children must have adults walking/riding with them throughout the entire event.
11. Use of fire or open flames is not allowed.
12. No participant will be allowed to ride on the hood or roof of any vehicle.
13. No political campaigning is allowed on any entries in the parade.
14. The undersigned agrees that all participants may be photographed or videotaped and that
these images may be published in an outlet used to promote or publicize the event.
Entries must observe all applicable rules and regulations and follow all instructions from
police and parade officials. The City of North Charleston reserves the right to remove any
entrant from the parade at any time if the entrant fails to follow parade rules.
In consideration of your accepting my entry, I hereby, for myself, my child and all participants of my entry, my heirs,
executors and administrators, waiver and release any and all rights and claims for damages I, my child or entry
participants may have against the City of North Charleston and its representatives, successors and assigns for any and all
injuries suffered by myself or my child or any entry participants at any activity sponsored by these groups. I have read in
its entirety the general rules of the entry guidelines for participating in the City of North Charleston Christmas parade and
agree to accept full responsibility of the compliance of this entry and all participants associated therewith, and for any
liability inherent with this entry’s participation in the City of North Charleston Christmas parade.
I understand that if I fail to comply with all the guidelines and rules for participation that my entry will be removed from the
Name of Group or Participant: ________________________________ Date: _____________________________
Authorized Representative Signature: _________________________ Print: _____________________________
Submit $20 fee, signed waiver, and completed entry form to:
City of North Charleston Cultural Arts Department
ATTN: Christmas Parade
PO Box 190016
North Charleston SC, 29419
** Emailed applications without credit card information entered will not be processed until payment is received.
click to sign
click to edit