Note: If the answers to questions F.1 and F.2 are no, the site may be eligible.
3. If the answer to either question F.1 or F.2 is yes, did the responsible party take reasonable steps
to address the petroleum contamination on site? Yes No Explain:
4. If the answer to either question F.1 or F.2 is yes, is the responsible party financially capable to
assess and clean up the site? Yes No Explain:
Note: If questions F.1 or F.2 identified a responsible party who is liable for petroleum contamination
at the site, and that party is financially viable to pay for the cleanup costs, then the site is not
eligible. If the identified responsible party took reasonable steps to address the petroleum
contamination at the site, and/or is not financially viable to pay for the cleanup costs, then the site
may still be eligible.
5. Is the site “relatively low risk” compared with other “petroleum-only” sites in the state:
a. Is the site currently being cleaned up using LUST trust fund monies? Yes No
b. Is the site currently subject to a response under the Oil Pollution Act (OPA)? Yes No
Note: If the answers to questions F.5a and F.5b are no, the site would be considered to be of
relatively low risk for purposes of determining eligibility.
6. Has any responsible party been identified for the site through, either:
a. A judgment rendered in a court of law or an administrative order that would require any
person to assess, investigate, or cleanup the site: Yes No
b. An enforcement action by federal or state authorities against any party that would require
any person to assess, investigate, or cleanup the site: Yes No
c. A citizen suit, contribution action or other third party claim brought against the current or
immediate past owner, that would, if successful, require the assessment, investigation, or
cleanup of the site: Yes No
7. Is the site subject to any RCRA orders issued under 9003(h) of the Solid Waste Disposal Act?
Note: If the answer to any of the questions in F.6 or F.7 is yes, the site is not eligible.
Eligibility Determination Pre-Application
NVCOG RLF Program