Application for Extension of Time to File
New Jersey Gross Income Tax Return
Read the instructions on both sides before completing this application. If all requirements are satised, an extension of
6 months will be granted for ling Forms NJ-1040, NJ-1040NR, and NJ-1080C. A 5½ month extension of time will be
granted for ling Form NJ-1041 and NJ-1041SB.
An extension of time is granted only to le a New Jersey Income Tax return. There is no extension of time to pay tax due.
Penalties and interest are imposed whenever tax is paid after the original due date. To be eligible for an extension,
you must have paid at least 80% of the tax liability calculated on the New Jersey Income Tax return when led. The 80%
can be paid through withholdings, estimated payments, or a payment made with the extension application by the original
due date. If the 80% requirement is not met, the extension will be retroactively denied, and penalty and interest will be im-
posed from the original due date of the return.
You must le this NJ-630 application if:
1. You are applying for an extension of time to le a New Jersey Income Tax return but you are not applying for a fed-
eral extension; or
2. You are applying for both a federal and a New Jersey extension and are required to remit payment to the New Jer-
sey Division of Taxation by the original due date of the return in order to have at least 80% of your actual tax liability
(as calculated on your New Jersey Income Tax return when led) paid.
You do not need to submit this NJ-630 application if:
1. You have paid at least 80% of your nal tax liability by the original due date, and
2. You have applied for an automatic extension of time to le for federal purposes and you enclose a copy of the fed-
eral Application for Automatic Extension (if led by paper) with the nal New Jersey return when led.
The application for extension of time to le a New Jersey Gross Income Tax return (Form NJ-630) must be led (post-
marked) no later than the original due date of the return. Extension requests can also be led online until 11:59 p.m. on
April 15, 2021, at: www.njtaxation.org. If you are required to make a payment with your online extension application, the
payment must be made by e-check or credit card.
Before ling Form NJ-630:
1. Detach at perforation;
2. Fill out all requested information on the application, including your Social Security number (FEIN if estate or trust);
3. Make your check or money order payable to “State of New Jersey–TGI;”
4. Write your Social Security number (FEIN if estate or trust) and the tax year on your check, and;
5. Mail the application with your payment to the address of the application.
Taxpayers who le Form NJ-630 will not receive an approved copy. You will be notied by the Division of Taxa-
tion only if your extension request is denied, but not until after your return is actually led.
Cut Along Dotted Line
Return this voucher with your payment to:
State of New Jersey
Division of Taxation
Revenue Processing Center
PO Box 282
Trenton, NJ 08646-0282
Social Security Number (required)
Last Name, First Name, Initial
Home Address (Number and Street, including apartment number)
City, Town, Post Ofce State ZIP Code
Make your check payable to “State of New Jersey – TGI.”
Write your Social Security number and tax year on your check.
I hereby request an extension of months,
until to le the return as indicated below.
Indicate the return for which the extension is being requested by
checking the appropriate box
R NJ-1040 N NJ-1080C F NJ-1041SB
6-month extension 6-month extension 5 1/2-month extension
Enter amount of payment here:
, , .
Application For Extension
of Time To File New Jersey
Gross Income Tax Return