The University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status or sexual orientation. This form is
available in alternative formats upon request. Please call Disability Services at 218-281-8587.
2900 University Avenue
Crookston, MN 56716-5001
STUDENT PETITION FOR
REQUESTING TO ENROLL IN A COURSE A THIRD TIME
• Students may only repeat a U of M course or its equivalent once.
• Petitions to request to take a course a third time are rarely approved.
• Petitions to take a course a fourth time will not be considered.
• Even though an instructor/advisor may suggest that a student repeat a course for a third time and/or supports the
student’s request, this would not be acceptable grounds for approving a student’s petition.
• You are encouraged to review the petition guidelines for enrolling in a course a third time.
• Complete this petition in detail and secure the signature of your advisor prior to submission.
• The Academic Standards & Policy Committee will review your request, as necessary.
• The decision will be sent to your official University email account.
• Review of a properly completed petition may take five or more business days.
PART 1: Student background
Name (last, first, middle)
University e-mail address
Phone (include area code)
Current mailing address (street, apartment number or P. O. box number, city, state, ZIP Code, country)
PART 2: Course requesting to repeat
List the class(es) you are requesting to repeat.
Course subject, number, section
(e.g., Comp 1011-003)
(only if needed)
PART 3: Details on requesting to repeat a course a third time
Explain in detail why you were not successful the first two times you took the class(es)?