Nevada State Contractors Board
Broadening of Classification Application (Revised 10/20)
Page 1 of 3
NEVADA STATE CONTRACTORS BOARD
2310 Corporate Circle, Suite 200, Henderson, Nevada, 89074 (702) 486-1100 Investigations (702) 486-1110
5390 Kietzke Lane, Suite 102, Reno, Nevada, 89511 (775) 688-1141 FAX (775) 688-1271, INVESTIGATIONS (775) 688-1150
Web Site: www.nscb.nv.gov
BROADENING OF CLASSIFICATION APPLICATION
1. Please type or print in ink when completing this form.
2. Make sure this application is properly signed by a principal.
3. Include the required application fee of $250.00.
4. Read all instructions carefully. The Board desires to provide courteous and timely service to all applicants. To maximize its
efficiency and the level of service, the Board will process complete applications only. A complete application includes all
applicable supporting documents and fees. The Board will not act as your agent in gathering information or supporting documents
necessary for the consideration of your license application. Incomplete applications will be returned to you.
5. Leave no space blank. If a particular question or request for information does not apply to you, put “NA” in the blank space to
indicate the question has received your attention.
SECTION 1 – BUSINESS NAME; LICENSE NUMBER
Business Name: Use the legal business name as it appears on your license. If there has been a change in your legal business
name, a separate change of name application is required.
Legal Business Name: ______________________________________________________________________
(Use Name as Set Forth on the License)
License Number: _____________________
SECTION 2 – CLASSIFICATION REQUESTED
This application can only be used to broaden your license within the existing category. For example, if you currently hold a C4-a
(Painting) license, you can broaden to include any other subcategories within the C4 classification. This application cannot be used to
obtain a license in a different category or to change or replace your qualified employee.
You will find a classification list on pages 4 and 5. For a complete description of each classification and sub-classification visit our web
Classification Requested: _________________________________________
• If there are multiple sub-classifications within the classification for which you are requesting to broaden, the trade qualifier must
substantiate experience for the full scope of work for which you are applying. Separate qualifiers for individual sub-classifications
are not allowed.
• Reference certificates must substantiate a minimum of four (4) years experience in the classification for which the application is
• Supporting documentation must be included for the classification for which the application is being submitted.
SECTION 3 – QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
You must have, within the 15 years immediately preceding the filing of this application, a minimum of 4 years work experience as
a journeyman, foreman, supervision employee or contractor in the specific classification requested. Work experience
documentation must be provided with the application.
DOCUMENTED WORK EXPERIENCE: The Board will accept the following types of documentation in support of your
1. Four (4) Certification of Work Experience Forms for EACH Trade Qualifier;
Certificates should be completed by employers, other than the applying company. If you are a self-employed
contractor, customers for whom you have performed work for should complete them. Relatives cannot complete
the certificates, unless they were your employer.
Each certificate must verify the experience for the trade(s) being applied for. Certificates that are not complete or
specific regarding the actual work performed will not be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: The aggregate time of experience (all certificates combined) must equal a minimum of 4 full
years (1460 days). Each individual certificate does not have to demonstrate 4 years’ experience.