NETWORK USERNAME CHANGES (FACULTY AND STAFF)
Employee (Faculty and Staff) network account creation is initiated when the Human Resources Department formally
accepts a new employee through Lander University’s Banner ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) System.
Employee accounts are automatically generated and reflect the employee’s first initial followed by the employee’s
last name. The name used reflects the employee’s official legal name as recorded in the Banner system.
There is a 30 character limitation on employee account names, so if an employee’s name exceeds that limitation, the
last characters of the last name will be truncated.
In the event that two (or more) employees share the same first initial/last name combination, a numerical character
(1-up) will be appended to the end of the second employee account name. (For example: Joe Walker is a new
employee. His system-generated account is email@example.com. When Janet Walker is hired next week, her
system-generated account will be firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Employee names that are hyphenated or contain special characters will have the special characters removed and
replaced with their standard 26-letter English alphabet equivalent. (Hyphens will be removed and the two parts of the
name will be added together.)
Once Human Resources officially accepts new employees, account creation will typically take place within 3
If you are not sure what your network username is, you can log in to Bearcat Web and view your email address
under the ‘Personal Information’ section. If you are unsure how to log in to Bearcat Web or have difficulty, please call
the ITS Help Desk at (864) 388-8234 for assistance.
Users will be provided information concerning account identification, the default password, and methods for resetting
network passwords. Please call the ITS Help Desk at (864) 388-8234 for assistance.
Changing Your Network Username
1. Review the User Responsibilities and Acceptable Reasons for Changing a Username sections below.
2. If applicable, change your name at the Registrar's Office and/or Human Resources.
3. Submit a Network Username change form to ITS.
4. Unsubscribe from any mailing lists and news groups using your current network username.
5. ITS will review the request and, if approved, will create a new network username and will designate it as the
preferred username. You will be notified the username change has been completed.
6. Upon notification that your username has been changed, you will need to:
o Make the appropriate updates to your personal information including business cards, syllabi and
o Subscribe to mailing lists and newsgroups with your new network username.
1. The user is solely responsible for identifying and supplying the names of systems on which the old network
username is used for login access or alternatively notifying any system (computer or software) manager of any