STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
**Signature and Notarization Required**
By signing this application, I authorize CSE to:
Take child support establishment and enforcement action CSE finds appropriate
Endorse and negotiate payments related to child support, including cashiers checks,
money orders, and electronic payments on my behalf and on behalf of the child(ren) in
my case, if I am the custodial parent.
1. I understand the Muscogee (Creek) Nation Office of Child Support Enforcement (CSE) is
here to act in the public interest of the child and to make sure that the parents financially
support their children. I understand that the responsibilities of the child support program do
not allow the staff of CSE to have the same confidential relationship with me as I would have
with a private attorney. Information I provide will be kept from the general public but may be
used as needed to collect support from either parent. I give CSE permission to give any
necessary information to law enforcement officers, public officials, court or others to assist
me to collect child support or medical support.
2. I understand that CSE ensures that all personal information provided to CSE such as
addresses, telephone numbers, employer names, etc. shall remain confidential. No personal
information will be shared between the custodial parent and non-custodial parent. However,
CSE may share information with other authorized state and tribal agencies.
3. I understand that CSE uses the address of record I provide as my public mailing address.
Legal and other official documents will be sent to me by regular mail at this address.
4. I should provide an address of record different from my home address if I believe I or my
child(ren) could be at serious risk of emotional or physical harm.
5. I understand that the post office does not forward child support payments to a new address
I have provided them. I must inform CSE of my new address in order to receive my child
support payments, and court and other legal documents.
6. I understand that CSE attorneys or the child support staff does not personally
represent me nor give any party legal advice. I have the option to hire an attorney at
my own expense. At the time of obtaining a private attorney, CSE will no longer correspond
with me directly; ONLY my attorney will contact the CSE attorney directly.
7. I agree to complete forms and affidavits as requested, to submit genetic testing, and attend
court to give testimony. I agree to cooperate fully with CSE, law enforcement officers, and
the court. I will notify CSE of my new address in writing every time I move.
8. I agree to give all identifying information requested to assist in locating and collecting child
support from the non-custodial parent (NCP) and/or prove who the biological father of my
child(ren) is. This includes any information that I know about or any documentation that I