The following guidelines help ensure the quality and safety of the parade and allow as many
organizations as possible the opportunity to participate. Read carefully and abide by the rules!
1. Each entrant is allowed a maximum of two units per rule on page 2.
2. All entries, including golf carts and cars, must be well lit & decorated (one string of lights is not
3. There will only be one Santa in the parade at the end on the ﬁ re truck.
4. Entrants must display lineup number on the front and organization name on each side of entry.
5. All entries must enter the parade lineup area following instructions given at MANDATORY
6. There will be NO PERFORMING at the judges area, this causes delays and gaps in the parade.
7. Any generators used for lighting cannot be setup inside of an enclosed vehicle.
8. NO ITEMS ARE TO BE THROWN FROM VEHICLES AT ANY TIME. Giveaways must be
handed out by walkers. No hard candy or choking hazard items are to be handed out.
9. Riders on ﬂ oats cannot get on and off of the ﬂ oat during the parade at any time.
10. All entries with children must have adults riding/walking with them throughout the entire event.
11. Walkers alongside vehicles must walk at least 10 feet from the side of vehicle.
12. Use of ﬁ re or open ﬂ ames is not allowed.
13. Any ﬁ rearms, real or replicas, must get approval in advance.
14. ALL wheels of motorized vehicles MUST keep in contact with the ground at all times. Anyone
doing wheelies will be pulled from the parade immediately.
15. Each motorized vehicle must carry liability insurance and be operated by a licensed driver.
16. No one will be allowed to ride on the hood or roof of any vehicle.
17. No political campaigning is allowed on entries in the parade.
18. The undersigned agrees that all participants may be photographed or videotaped and that these
images may be published in an outlet used to promote or publicize the event.
Entries must observe all applicable rules and regulations and follow all instructions
from Police and parade ofﬁ cials. The Town of Mount Pleasant reserves the right to
remove any entrant from the parade, either prior to assembly, at assembly, or at
any time during the parade if the entrant fails to follow parade rules or does not
display standards of reasonable public taste as determined by Town staff.
There is only one Santa, and he rides on a ﬁ re truck at the end of the parade! It is confusing to small
children to see more than one Santa and Mrs. Claus riding on ﬂ oats; therefore no one may dress as
Santa on your ﬂ oat or in your vehicle.
THE SANTA CLAUSE
This page must be signed and returned with application.
11: LIABILITY WAIVER: In consideration of your accepting my entry, I hereby, for myself, my child and all participants of my
entry, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages I, my child, or entry
participants may have against the Town of Mount Pleasant and its representatives, successors and assigns for any and all
injuries suffered by myself or my child or entry participants at any activity sponsored by these groups. I have read in its entirety
the general rules and the entry guidelines for participating in the Town of Mount Pleasant Christmas Light Parade and agree to
accept full responsibility for the compliance of this entry and all participants associated therewith, and for any liability inherent
with this entry’s particpation in the Town of Mount Pleasant Christmas Light Parade. I understand that if I fail to comply with all the
guidelines and rules for participation that my entry will be removed from the parade lineup.
Name of group or participant: ________________________________________________________________________
Authorized representative: Signature: ________________________________________ Date: ___________________
Return to: TOMP Christmas Parade, 391 Egypt Road, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 OR Fax 843-849-2778
Town of Mount Pleasant Christmas Light Parade
2019 Parade Rules and Liability Waiver
Page 3 of 3
click to sign
click to edit