Financial Services & Payroll Office
Montana State University – Billings
Employee Separation Checklist
his checklist is to be used as a guideline for separating from Montana State University Billings. It is
intended to provide resources, links and points of contact to complete this process. Supervisors should
meet with employee prior to separation to go over this checklist and collect University property. Additional
departmental steps may also be necessary before separation.
is form must be completed for all FACULTY, PROFESSIONAL OR CLASSIFIED employees upon
notice of termination of employment or Department transfer:
mployee Name:_________________________________ Department:_______________________
upervisor Name:________________________________ Last Day Worked:__________________
Upon immediate notification an employee is leaving the University, the Supervisor should
complete the following items:
1. Request a Letter of Resignation/Retirement (Submit to Human Resource
2. Timesheets – Make sure all timesheets are up to date in My Info
3. Complete Termination Electronic Personnel Action form (EPAF)
in My Info using the effective date of separation.
4. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com (include last 4 of
Employee ID#, Separation Date, and note if the employee is
transferring to another department on campus)
5. Have employee update Employee Information in My Info to ensure that
their address, e-mail and phone number are up to date.
6. Remind employee to visit with the Payroll Office regarding any
final payroll questions. Employee will be issued their final
pay check on the next scheduled pay date.
I am terminating employment with MSUB
I am transferring to a different department within MSUB
Department transferring to:_________________________________________________
I am transferring to another College within the Montana University System
College transferring to:_______________________________________________