Boerner Botanical Gardens, 9400 Boerner Drive, Hales Corners, WI 53130 Tel: 414-525-5601 Fax: 414-525-5610
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR GARDEN HOUSE RENTALS
1. ADVERTISING: Any social media public posting and/or advertising for a building rental is considered promotion
a Special Event. If you will be promoting your event, do not use this application. Please complete a Specia
ent Application at least three (3) weeks prior to event date.
2. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: You may bring alcohol on-site only when you have purchased an Alcohol Permit.
cohol is present and you do not have an Alcohol Permit, you may receive a $200 fine and/or a 90-day jail
sentence, per chapter 47.17 of Milwaukee County Ordinances. Complete an Alcohol Permit Application.
3. AMPLIFIED SOUND & AUDIO-VISUAL EQUIPMENT: The use of microphones, DJ equipment, and live bands is
considered amplified sound. All sound must be confined to the rental space; the sound must not carry to the outside.
A drop-down projection screen is available in the Exhibit Room. You must set up and break down, or arrange for t
etup and breakdown, of any audio-visual equipment, within your permitted rental time. NOTE: WiFi is not available.
Contact the Botanical Gardens at least one (1) week prior to your rental for approval.
4. CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be submitted in writing on the Cancellation / Refund Request Form and
ust be accompanied by the original permit(s).
Any cancellation refund is based on when the notice is received. If received:
• within 24 hours of payment: full refund
• ninety (90) or more days prior to the scheduled date: refund, less $50 administrative fee
• forty-five (45) to eighty-nine (89) days prior to the scheduled date: 50% refund, less $50 administrative fee
• forty- four (44) or fewer days prior to the scheduled date: NO refund
No refunds will be given due to inclement weather, unless the cancellation was made by Milwaukee County Parks
due to severe weather conditions. Rentals are not rescheduled due to unfavorable weather conditions.
5. CLEANUP / DAMAGE: You are responsible for the restoration of the facility to its original condition by the end of
the rental period; this includes the removal of all decorations and masking tape, and clearing tables and counters of
all perishables. If excessive cleanup or damage occurs, you will be invoiced for the work required to bring the facility
to its original condition ($50 minimum).
6. DECORATIONS: Feel free to decorate your rental using only fireproof decorations that will not damage park
property. Use only masking tape to affix decorations. NO TACKS OR NAILS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED.
andles are allowed only when contained in fireproof holders. Helium balloons are allowed indoors only when
anchored with weights. You will be invoiced for the removal of any helium balloons from the ceiling ($50 minimum).
The use of glitter or ANY confetti-type material is prohibited inside or outside the rental and will result in your
being invoiced for excessive cleanup ($150 minimum). Smoke/Fog/Mist machines are prohibited. All setup and
cleanup must be completed within the rental period. You will be invoiced for any time beyond the rental period.
7. FIREPLACE: You may bring one (1) Duraflame log for use in the fireplace. Contact the Botanical Gardens at least
one (1) week prior to the event date to arrange for Gardens Staff to light it.
OOD & BEVERAGE: You may bring in only beverages, cake or desserts, home-prepared food, and light snacks.
Any formal catering must be done through Zilli Hospitality Group, the exclusive caterer at the Botanical Gardens. Fo
atering details, contact Zilli Hospitality Group at 414-525-5635.
9. FURNISHINGS / SETUP: Furnishings shall not be moved from the room or repositioned without prior approval
from the Botanical Gardens. Tables and chairs supplied by the Botanical Gardens may be set up by Parks staff according
o your selected standard setup or pre-approved custom setup. You are not allowed to provide your own rented furnishings.
Linens are not provided. Contact the Botanical Gardens at least one (1) week prior to your event for approval.
10. SALES / DONATIONS: If you have sales, collect donations, sell raffle tickets or have a silent auction of any
kind, you must obtain a Special Event Permit. For more information, contact the Botanical Gardens.
11. SMOKING / VAPING: Smoking or vaping is prohibited in all Milwaukee County Parks buildings, or within 30 feet
of any entrance or exit of a building, per Milwaukee County Ordinance 47.16(3)(a)(b).
12. TEEN PARTIES: Events with most guests under the age of 21 must end by 8 p.m., per Milwaukee County
Sheriff’s request. Adult supervision is required, with one (1) adult per every ten (10) teens.
13. THROWING RICE: Throwing rice, confetti/confetti-like material, flower petals, or birdseed inside or outside the
rental is prohibited and will result in your being invoiced for excessive cleanup ($150 minimum). Inform guests!