Midlands Technical College
Change of Name
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
You must come in person to the Records Office on Beltline (WM-103) or Airport Campus (ASC-
223) with the original documents to process your change. A picture ID is required.
To Change Last Name:
1. To Married Name – need an original copy of marriage license with raised seal. Also need original, unexpired state
or federal picture ID showing married name.
2. From Married to Maiden - need original divorce decree stating use of maiden name. A divorce decree without
this statement is not enough to change the name. Also need original, unexpired state or federal picture ID showing
3. Decreed by Legal Document - must have the original legal document issued by the court. Also need original,
unexpired state or federal picture ID showing new name.
To Correct First Name:
1. Need an original copy of birth certificate. Also need original, unexpired state or federal picture ID showing correct
To Change First Name and/or Complete Name:
1. Must have original court document containing name change. Also need original, unexpired state or federal picture
ID showing correct name.
NOTE: Your legal name is required by the College for official records.
MTC ID Number _____________________
Name (as it currently appears) _____________________________________________________
First Middle Last
Change my name to: ___________________________________________________________
(New Legal Name) First Middle Last
Home Telephone Number ____________________________________________
New Address: _____________________________________________________________________
Street P.O. Box City State Zip
I hereby give permission for the Registrar’s Office at Midlands Technical College to change my name as
RO USE ONLY:
Processed by: __________
click to sign
click to edit