Metered Mail Form
Domestic Mail Only
For USPS Mail Only
Charge to Department
First Class Mail
USPS Express Mail
with return receipt
Indicate below how mail should be processed:
• This form is for domestic USPS mail ONLY. International mail must be accompanied by
an International Mail Meter Form.
• Charges are posted nightly and can be viewed on eDog the next business day.
• All outgoing USPS Mail that needs postage should be kept separate from all other mail and
bear a valid University return address.
• The mail should be stacked with the address facing the same direction; larger pieces on the
bottom and smaller pieces on the top. In addition, postcards should be placed on top since our
mail processing equipment does not differentiate between letter-size pieces and postcards.
• Any letter-size pieces that need to be machine sealed by our mail processing equipment
should be stacked with the flaps up and nested together. Larger pieces of mail and over stuffed
envelopes should already be sealed prior to being metered. Failure to properly seal this type of
mail could result in the contents of the mailpiece being unsecured in the envelope.
• Your mail should be bundled together by a rubber band and have the appropriate metered
mail form attached. Large quantities of mail that cannot be secured by a rubber band may be
placed in a mail tub or mail tray with the charge slip placed on top in plain view. VU Mail
Service strongly encourages mailers to rubber band their mail to be metered. This helps in
making sure that only your mail is processed on your account and no other department's mail
is accidentally mixed-in with your mail.
• Envelopes that have postage applied, or campus mail, that just need to be sealed can be
bundled and sent over to Station B accompanied by this form. Please type Seal Only in the
"other" field. There will be a charge of .02 for each envelope.
Mail Services • Station B Post Office
PMB Box # or
Number of pieces: _________