(name of landlord or landlord's representative) (address) (phone)
In case of emergency, Tenant shall contact the following person:
(name of landlord) (address) (phone)
9. Utilities Utilities shall be paid by the party indicated on the following chart:
(Please place checkmark under the person who will pay for the utility.)
LANDLORD TENANT MUNICIPALITY
The Landlord must provide the facilities for the provision of heat and hot water.
7. Use of Property Tenant shall use the property for residential purposes only. Tenant agrees not to engage in or perm
any household members, relatives, guests, invitees or agents to engage in any unlawful use of the dwelling unit,
common areas or grounds.
8. Notice of Absence from Unit Tenant shall notify the landlord in writing if the dwelling unit will be left unoccupied
by at least one adult household member for a period of longer than 30 days, and shall advise Landlord how to contact
Tenant during such period.
9. Tenant's Duty to Maintain Premises The Tenant shall maintain the premises in a clean and neat condition and at all
times comply with an occupant's obligations under Article II of the Massachusetts State Sanitary Code.
10. Waste of Utilities Tenant shall make every reasonable effort to conserve the use of utilities supplied and paid for
the Landlord and shall not waste the same.
11. Damage Tenant shall use all appliances, fixtures and equipment in a safe manner and only for the purposes for which
they are intended and shall not litter, destroy, deface, damage or remove any part of the dwelling unit, common areas or
grounds. Tenant shall pay amounts due for repairs for property damage, reasonable wear and tear excepted, caused by
the intentional or negligent conduct of Tenant, a member of the Tenant's household, relatives, invitees, guests or agents
upon receipt of a bill from Landlord. The written bill shall include items of damage, the corrective action taken and the
12. Alterations No substantial alterations, addition or improvement shall be made by Tenant in or to the dwelling un
without the permission of Landlord in writing. Such consent shall not be unreasonably withheld, but may include the
Tenant's agreeing to restore the dwelling unit to its prior condition before moving out.
13. Locks Tenant shall not change, alter, replace or add new locks without written consent of Landlord. Any locks so
permitted to be installed shall become property of the Landlord and shall not be removed by Tenant. The Tenant shall
promptly give a duplicate key to any such changed, altered, replaced or new lock to Landlord.
14. Noise Tenant agrees not to allow on his/her premises any excessive noise or other activity which disturbs the peace
and quiet of other tenants in the building. Landlord agrees to prevent other tenants and other persons in the building or
common areas from similarly disturbing Tenant's peace and quiet.
15. Subleasing Tenant shall not assign this agreement or sublet the dwelling unit without the written consent of
Landlord. Such consent shall not be withheld without good reason. This paragraph shall not prevent Tenant from
having guests for reasonably short periods of time.