STANDARD CONDITIONS FOR USE OF MARKET SQUARE
1. Payment shall be made in advance by cheque or bank transfer to the Town Council.
No use of the space shall be permitted without payment.
Payment shall be made by cheque or BACS using sort code 08-92-99 and account # 68528948
2. No vehicle shall be stationed on the paved areas of the square unless it is an approved and integral
part of the permitted use. Vehicles used to load or unload must be moved elsewhere immediately
after this has been done.
3. No vehicle which exceeds nine tonne axle weight shall be taken onto the square except with the
express permission and under the supervision of the Town Council. This is to protect the paving of
the square and to prevent the surface of the square being damaged, especially in the area around the
underground brick chamber (see map).
4. Do not obstruct pedestrians. No vehicle or object forming part of the permitted activity shall be sited
where it unnecessarily impedes the free passage of pedestrians or other users on the square.
5. No litter. All responsible steps shall be taken to avoid excessive litter, damage to or pollution of the
area. Full liability must be accepted for meeting the cost of any special cleansing or reinstatement of
damage which may be necessary.
6. No cash collection may be made on the square unless the booking organisation holds a Street
Collection Permit issued by Cheshire East Borough Council.
7. Direct Debit information must not be collected from anyone, including market traders, on Market
Square on Market Days as follows: Monday 9am – 1pm, Friday 9am – 4pm, Saturday 9am – 4pm
Collecting Direct Debits is permitted in the square Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday only.
8. On Market Days (Monday, Friday and Saturday) your activity must not purposefully divert
customers away from the market stalls, interrupt customers at the stalls or take place in
front/close to the stalls. People who make a nuisance of themselves in this way will not be allowed
to return and the Market Manager has the final say in this matter.
9. Be a good neighbour. Any reasonable request from local shopkeepers or other traders regarding the
level of noise, etc. must be complied with.
10. Do not park any vehicles on the Disabled Car Park unless you are registered disabled.
11. Other events. Local Authority events may take place on the same day as your booking, we would let
you know during the application process. This might affect your risk assessment.
12. Documentation. You must provide proof of Public Liability Insurance to £5million, a risk assessment &
method statement before a permit can be issued.
13. Event use: Where use of the square is for an event, a draft programme must be provided, and more
documentation may be needed. Please ask firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
14. Legal compliance. The booking organisation is responsible for all legal compliance, including licensing.
Please note access to Market Square via Queensway and Market Street is restricted by gates which are
locked 10am to 4pm every day. You should plan to arrive and leave outside of these times.
For further information please contact Crewe Town Council on 01270 75697 or