STANDARD CONDITIONS FOR USE OF MARKET SQUARE
1. Restricted use. Use of the square is restricted to local charitable and voluntary organisations plus our
partner organisations and the armed forces.
2. No vehicle shall be stationed on the paved areas of the square unless it is an approved and integral part
of the permitted use. Vehicles used to load or unload must be moved elsewhere immediately after this
has been done.
3. No vehicle which exceeds nine tonne axle weight shall be taken onto the square except with the
express permission and under the supervision of the Town Council. This is to protect the paving of the
square and to prevent the surface of the square being damaged, especially in the area around the
underground brick chamber (see map).
4. Do not obstruct pedestrians. No vehicle or object forming part of the permitted activity shall be sited
where it unnecessarily impedes the free passage of pedestrians or other users on the square.
5. No litter. All responsible steps shall be taken to avoid excessive litter, damage to or pollution of the area.
Full liability must be accepted for meeting the cost of any special cleansing or reinstatement of damage
which may be necessary.
6. No cash collection may be made on the square unless the booking organisation holds a Street Collection
Permit issued by Cheshire East Borough Council.
7. Direct Debit information must not be collected from anyone, including market traders, on Market
Square on Market Days as follows: Monday 9am – 1pm, Friday 9am – 4pm, Saturday 9am – 4pm
Collecting Direct Debits is permitted in the square Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday only.
8. On Market Days (Monday, Friday and Saturday) your activity must not purposefully divert customers
away from the market stalls, interrupt customers at the stalls or take place in front/close to the stalls.
People who make a nuisance of themselves in this way will not be allowed to return and the Market
Manager has the final say in this matter.
9. Be a good neighbour. Any reasonable request from local shopkeepers or other traders regarding the
level of noise, etc. must be complied with.
10. Do not park any vehicles on the Disabled Car Park unless you are registered disabled.
11. Other events. Local Authority events may take place on the same day as your booking, we would let you
know during the application process. This might affect your risk assessment.
12. Documentation. You must provide proof of Public Liability Insurance to £5million, a risk assessment &
method statement before a permit can be issued.
13. Event use: Where use of the square is for an event, a draft programme must be provided, and more
documentation may be needed. Please ask firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
14. Legal compliance. The booking organisation is responsible for all legal compliance, including licensing.
Please note access to Market Square via Queensway and Market Street is restricted by gates which are
locked 10am to 4pm every day. You should plan to arrive and leave outside of these times.
For further information please contact Crewe Town Council on 01270 756 or