Mankato Family YMCA Program Behavior Expectation, Policy Guidlines
and Participant Agreement
NOTICE: THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. Read the following carefully and in entirety. By signing this agreement, you have read and
agree to follow all Mankato Family YMCA and Chesley Skate Park policies and guidelines and you have read and fully understand the Liability
Agreement. You agree to give up your right and the named minor’s right to bring a court action to recover compensation or obtain any other
remedy for any personal injury or property damage however caused arising out of the named minor’s participation in YMCA Programs, now or
any time in the future.
Policies & Guidelines
1. I authorize the YMCA to obtain emergency medical treatment for my child in case of sudden illness or accident. I give permission
to the medical personnel selected by the YMCA to order x-rays, routine tests, and to secure and administer treatment, including
hospitalization; releasing any records necessary for insurance purposes; and to provide or arrange necessary transportation.
2. If non-prescription/prescribed medication is to be given during YMCA program I herby authorize the YMCA staff to administer this
medication. I release YMCA personnel from any liability in relation to the administration of this medication and understand I must
provide this medication in the original, properly labeled bottle/container with enough to last the duration of the program session.
3. I agree to the stated Behavior Expectation Policy and understand that I will not receive a refund if my child is suspended or
4. I authorize the reproduction, publication, and use by the YMCA for promotion, public relations, or social media use of any picture or
video footage of my child taken in this program. (Program Guide, Flyers, Ads, YMCA Website, Facebook, Instagram).
If no, explain: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Mankato Family YMCA staff works proactively with your camper to follow the mission of the YMCA of the USA: “To put Christian
principles into practice through programs and services that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all” as well as apply the five core values
of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith. We expect all campers to treat others with these principles and values in mind. If a
camper’s behavior deems unsuitable for camp, we will respond with those same principles.
The YMCA does not tolerate physical fighting, inappropriate language and/or touch, disruptive behavior, profanity, blatant disrespect,
violation of rules or illegal activity. If this should occur, parents will be notified and may be asked to pick up their child, dependent on the
circumstances. If behaviors continue or escalate, the child may be suspended from the program depending on the severity and/or frequency
of behavior. Our goal is to provide positive growth opportunities for all in a safe, healthy, nurturing environment. Refunds will not be given
if a child is sent home because of a behavioral problem.
Chesley Skate Park
1. I acknowledge that my participation in skateboarding, in-line skating, BMX bicycling, scooters, or other activities or sports known as
dangerous but not mentioned above entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis,
death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without
jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: Collision with other participants, the walls,
or other xed objects; falling down; my own equipment failure or the failure of others’ equipment; my own or others’ negligence; and
objects or conditions on the surface that may cause me to fall; broken bones, sprains, head and back injuries, abrasions, and bruises.
Furthermore, YMCA Chesley Skate Park employees have difcult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might
be unaware of a participant’s tness or abilities. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely
voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. I expressly agree and promise to wear a helmet at all times during any activity I
participate in at the YMCA Chesley Skate Park.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless YMCA Chesley Skate Park from any and all
claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of YMCA Chesley
Skate Park equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of YMCA Chesley Skate Park.
4. Should YMCA Chesley Skate Park or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this
agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear
the costs of such injury or damage to myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I
6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and
In consideration of participant being permitted by YMCA to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities I hereby certify
and agree to all of the terms of the above Release and Assumption of Risk provisions on behalf of said minor and myself. I further agree to
indemnify and hold harmless Mankato Family YMCA from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of Minor, and which are in any
way connected with such use or participation by said minor. I have read, understand and agree to the policy, guidelines and participation
agreement statements above.