Manager’s Supplement for Post Incident Review
Incident Name and Number:
Start Date and Duration of Incident:
Date of Incident Debriefing:
List of Debriefing Attendees:
Brief synopsis of fire behavior and narrative of the incident:
• Gave an accurate sizeup of the fire to dispatch upon arrival?
• Managed fire suppression resources in accordance with the management objectives for the
area and availability of resources?
• Did the unit support organization provide timely response and feedback to your needs?
• Were there any radio communication issues?
Provide for the Safety and Welfare of Assigned Personnel:
• Gave operation briefing prior to firefighters being assigned to incident operations.
• How were incoming resources debriefed; via radio, personal contact?
• Were agency work/rest guidelines followed? Was adequate food and water provided to
Fire Suppression Operations:
• Explain how the strategies and tactics used met management objectives, without
compromising adherence to the Fire Orders, Watch Out Situations, and LCES?
• How were weather conditions monitored: daily weather briefings, spot weather forecasts or
• Were there adjustments needed to strategy and tactics?
• What were the potentially hazardous situations, and their mitigations?
• How were projected changes in the weather, tactics, hazards and fire behavior
communicated to fire personnel?
• Were communications effective with dispatch and supervisor?
• Were all interested parties kept informed of progress, problems, and needs? Was aviation
support used? If so, was it effective?
• Were there any injuries, close calls, or safety issues that should be discussed? Were these
• Submitted complete documentation to supervisor for time, accidents, incident status, unit
logs, evaluations, and other required or pertinent reports?
• Provided timely and effective notification of the fire status and unusual events or
occurrences to dispatch and management.
• As requested, provided effective input into the Wildland Fire Decision Support System.
• If necessary, provided team transition briefing as assigned.
• Form ICS 201 was completed in accordance with local policy.
Release Date: January 2020 1