Identity & Mission Statement
Malone University is a Christian university for the arts, sciences, and professions in the liberal arts tradition, affiliated with
the Evangelical Friends Church. The mission of Malone is to provide students with an education based on biblical faith in
order to develop men and women in intellectual maturity, wisdom, and Christian faith who are committed to serving the
church, community, and world.
Doctrinal Statement (Taken from Article IV of the Constitution)
• Malone particularly declares its faith in the following Christian beliefs:
• One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• The deity of Jesus Christ, in whose person are united the divine and human natures so that He is truly both God and
man; His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, vicarious and atoning death; His bodily resurrection and ascension to the
right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
• The present ministry of the Holy Spirit convincing sinners of sin and regenerating, sanctifying, guiding and
• The plenary inspiration of the Scriptures, their essential unity and their inviolable authority.
• The fall of man through the sin of our first parents; the death and hopelessness of man apart from the work of
redemption wrought by Jesus Christ.
• Reconciliation with God through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ by repentance for sin and receiving forgiveness
and new life by faith in Jesus Christ as Savior.
• Sanctification of the reconciled believer through the operation of the Holy Spirit by the complete dedication of
believers to God and the receiving by faith of cleansing from enmity against God; by walking in daily obedience as
true and fervent disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ and growing more like Him in maturity of character; and by
following the guidance of the Holy Spirit and receiving His empowerment for continuous victory over sin and service
• Our obligation to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, making disciples of all men everywhere.
• The spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
• The immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the body, the final judgment of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ,
resulting in the eternal fellowship of the righteous with God, and the eternal separation of the wicked from God.
APPLICANT'S STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDINGS, AUTHORIZATIONS AND AGREEMENTS
I UNDERSTAND THAT ACCEPTANCE OF MY APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT DOES NOT COMMIT MALONE UNIVERSITY ("THE
UNIVERSITY") IN ANY WAY TO HIRE ME; AND THAT NOTHING IN MY APPLICATION, OR IN ANY COMMUNICATION OR DOCUMENT, CREATES OR
IMPLIES A CONTRACT OR PROMISE OF EMPLOYMENT, OR REQUIRES THAT I BE HIRED OR RETAINED BY THE UNIVERSITY IN ANY POSITION
FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME.
I AUTHORIZE THE UNIVERSITY TO INVESTIGATE ALL WRITTEN OR ORAL STATEMENTS BY ME AND TO OBTAIN SUCH INFORMATION
AND REPORTS AS REASONABLY SHALL BE REQUIRED BY THE UNIVERSITY CONCERNING ME. I AUTHORIZE EACH PERSON CONTACTED IN
CONNECTION WITH THIS APPLICATION TO GIVE THE UNIVERSITY ANY INFORMATION REQUESTED CONCERNING ME. FURTHERMORE, I
RELEASE ALL SUCH PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THEIR FURNISHING SUCH INFORMATION TO THE
UNDERSTAND THAT, IF EMPLOYED, I MUST BE IN AGREEMENT WITH AND COMMITTED TO THE STANDARDS AND MISSION OF
MALONE UNIVERSITY AS EXPRESSED IN THE UNIVERSITY'S "DOCTRINAL STATEMENT," "MISSION STATEMENT" AND "STATEMENT OF
COMMUNITY RESPONSIBILITIES" (WHICH I ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIVING); AND THAT ANY EMPLOYMENT WITH THE UNIVERSITY SHALL BE
SUBJECT TO AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK(S) AND OTHER POLICIES, RULES,
PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES OF THE UNIVERSITY OR ANY AMENDMENTS THERETO. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT THE UNIVERSITY SHALL
HAVE THE RIGHT TO AMEND, MODIFY, OR REVOKE ITS POLICIES, RULES, PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES AT ANY TIME, AND THAT SUCH
MATTERS SHALL BE BINDING UPON ME AS THEY NOW OR HEREAFTER ARE IN EFFECT.
URTHER UNDERSTAND THAT ANY EMPLOYMENT BY THE UNIVERSITY SHALL BE CONDITIONED UPON SATISFACTORY COMPLETION
OF SUCH BACKGROUND RESEARCH, INVESTIGATION AND REFERENCE CHECKS, MEDICAL EXAMS, SUBSTANCE TESTS AND/OR OTHER
EMPLOYMENT-RELATED PROCEDURES AS SHALL BE REQUIRED BY THE UNIVERSITY.
RTIFY THAT THE INFORMATION GIVEN BY ME ON THIS APPLICATION IS TRUE AND COMPLETE (AS IS THE INFORMATION WHICH I
HAVE PROVIDED TO THE UNIVERSITY IN ANY DOCUMENT OR INTERVIEW), AND THAT I HAVE NOT WITHHELD ANY FACT WHICH, IF DISCLOSED,
WOULD UNFAVORABLY AFFECT MY QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT. I AGREE THAT ANY FALSE OR SUBSTANTIALLY MISLEADING
INFORMATION FURNISHED BY ME ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS APPLICATION, OR IN ANY RELATED INTERVIEW OR DOCUMENT, SHALL
BE SUFFICIENT REASON FOR REJECTION OF MY APPLICATION, OR TERMINATION OF MY EMPLOYMENT, AS APPROPRIATE.
VE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING APPLICATION AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS.
APPLICANT’S SIGNATURE DATE
Rev. Feb 2020