ONLINE MCQ TRIAL EXAMINATION AND SAMPLE
The AMC conducts the computer-administered MCQ examinations
throughout the year, in centres within Australia and overseas. In order for
the candidates to familiarise themselves with the computer-administered
examination, an online MCQ Trial examination, consisting of 50 questions,
is available on the AMC website, http://www.amc.org.au/index.php/img/
Appendix B contains sample MCQs which reflect the format and
structure of questions to be used in the MCQ examination.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE MCQ EXAMINATION
The content of the MCQ examination is determined and set by the AMC
Board of Examiners prior to each examination. The following topics
illustrate the range of conditions and topics that MAY be covered in the
AMC MCQ examination.
SYSTEMS, REGIONS AND DISCIPLINES
1. INTEGUMENT / DERMATOLOGY May include: common disorders of skin,
dermatology, subcutaneous tissues; burns, wounds and wound healing,
plastic and reconstructive surgery.
2. HEAD AND NECK / ENT May include: ophthalmology, head and neck,
otorhinolaryngology, pharynx, salivary glands.
3. NERVOUS SYSTEM / NEUROLOGY May include: brain, cranial nerves,
cerebrospinal fluid, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, regional anaesthesia
and autonomic nervous system.
4. MUSCULOSKELETAL / ORTHOPAEDICS / RHEUMATOLOGY May
include: bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons, physical medicine,
trauma, geriatrics, rehabilitation.
5. CIRCULATORY SYSTEM / HEART / VESSELS May include: heart,
circulation, hypertension, haemorrhage, shock, pericardium, great
vessels, peripheral arteries, veins, lymphatics.
6. RESPIRATORY SYSTEM / LUNGS / CHEST WALL May include:
respiration, mechanics of gas exchange and transport, lungs, bronchial
tree, mediastinum, chest, chest wall.
7. GASTROINTESTINAL SYSTEM / ABDOMEN / ABDOMINAL WALL May
include: digestion and excretion, oesophagus and diaphragm, stomach,
duodenum, small bowel, colon, appendix, rectum, anus, perito-neal
cavity, acute abdomen, liver, biliary tree, pancreas, pelvic floor, perineum,
abdominal wall, her-nias, inguinoscrotal region.
8. BREAST / ENDOCRINE SYSTEM May include: breast, pituitary, thyroid,
parathyroid, calcium, bone metabolism, adrenal, diabetes and pancreatic
islets, gut hormones, neuroendocrine interactions, metabolic responses
9. FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM / OBSTETRICS GYNAECOLOGY
May include: female reproductive system, disorders of uterus, tubes,
ovaries, vagina, fertility, contraception, hormones, menstruation, obstetrics,
pregnancy, labour, abortion, eclampsia, obstetrical haemorrhage,
menopause, pelvic infection, vaginal discharge, pruritus, gynaecological
Note: This list is not exhaustive
and is provided as a guide only.