Revised 3/14/2017 Page 2
1. Project Overview. Give a brief overview of the proposed project.
2. Project Need. How does the sabbatical project meet the ASF member’s professional
development needs and enhance contribution to the university?
3. Project Goals. What specific goals does the project have?
4. Project Strategy. How is the ASF member planning to approach the project? How does
the approach reflect appropriate professional practices for scholarship, professional
endeavors, or professional service?
5. Project Outcomes and Benefit to the Applicant, Department, and University. What
specifically will be the final product(s) or outcome(s) of the projects? How will the final
outcome(s) benefit the applicant, department, and university?
6. Contingency Plan. If sabbatical plan is contingent on acceptance by an organization or
program (e.g., Semester at Sea, Fulbright Scholar, etc.), include an acceptable alternative
sabbatical plan in case the original plan does not materialize.
7. External Funding, SCSU Resources, another Institution, or Grant Support.
The request for the following information in no way implies that external funding, extra SCSU
resources, or support from other institutions are required for a sabbatical leave.
If you do need any of the following, please indicate clearly how it will affect your proposal.
a. External Funding. If the sabbatical project will be supported by external funds or grants,
identify any outside source(s) of funding and indicate if the sabbatical project is
contingent on such funds.
b. Request for SCSU Resources. ASF members on sabbatical leave retain access to their
office, computer and file/web space, phone, email, library resources, and Professional
Development funds. If the sabbatical project requests any additional resources from
SCSU, what are those requests? Indicate if the sabbatical project is contingent on such
c. Sabbatical Leave at another Institution or Organization. If the ASF member will be
working at another institution or organization during the sabbatical, document proof of
the institution or organization commitment. Address the following issues as appropriate
in separate appendices.
1. Statement of Intent. Attach a statement of intent from the host or supporting
institution or organization documenting support for the project, including resource
2. Project Approval. Document proof that the host has received and approved the
3. Information about Host Institution or Organization. Provide information about the
host or supporting institution or organization, including information regarding
individuals who would participate in the project.