West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection MS4 Annual Reporting Form
Last updated: June 15, 2012 Page 6 of 17
VII. MCM 2: Public Involvement and Participation (WV MS4 2009 General Permit, p. 6-7)
40. Did you complete all the proposed activities and performance measures for this MCM for this
Performance Measure 2a: Opportunities for ongoing public involvement and participation in the SWMP
43. Did you create, or are you in the process of creating, ongoing opportunities for the public to
participate in the development, implementation, and updating of your SWMP?
44. Did you achieve all the goals that you identified in your SWMP related to creating and
maintaining ongoing opportunities for public involvement and participation for this reporting
period? (WV MS4 2009 General Permit, p. 24, #3)
45. If not, please describe the progress you did make towards achieving your goal(s), and any obstacles and possible
solutions such as revised implementation schedules or revised measurable goals. If you are proposing any
changes to your SWMP goals or schedule, please include them in Section V above.
(WV MS4 2009 General Permit, p. 24, #4)
46. List and briefly describe each of the activities undertaken during the reporting period to create ongoing
opportunities for the public to participate in your SWMP. (WV MS4 2009 General Permit, p. 24, #1)
47. Describe how you evaluated the effectiveness of your public participation efforts (citizen attendance at public
hearings, requests for information on your SWMP, hotline activity, etc.).
(WV MS4 2009 General Permit, p. 24, #2)
48. Describe the steps taken to ensure that public participation opportunities are ongoing and, if necessary,
additional program maintenance activities in future reporting periods to ensure continued participation
opportunities. (WV MS4 2009 General Permit, p. 24, #4)
The annual campus clean-up initiatives have been very productive. We even have been partnering
with "make Marion shine" community group and have had additional cleanups. We've even had
community memeber show up to participate in our campus cleanups.
Update: The Student Mis-Conduct community service and other community service opportunities for
students has been much more productive than our "adopt a parking lot" from 2013-2014.
Weekly updates are provided to the President and her cabinet members including MS4 related
events and trainings. The presidents cabinet continues to be a good resource in reaching out to
Deans and faculty. In addition, Stephanie has begun providing MS4 updates at all Board of
We also have an online form that can be used to provide input and submits directly to the physical
Any and all student/faculty/staff/community participation has been recorded.
FSU's SWMP is provided online for anyone to access and comment.
Continued supply of information to the Board of Governors, President, Cabinet members, and Deans
with the MS4 program.
We have also worked with the marketing department and social media to help spread awareness.
Goal: will revamp website with IT