MONTGOMERY COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT
KIDS SPOT CHILDREN’S WAITING ROOM
1. Kids Spot capacity varies depending on the number of staff and two-year olds present. Children ages 2 to 12 years are able to attend Kids
Spot. If the center is full, you may stay with your child until there is space available. Children in Kids Spot in the morning who must return
for the afternoon due to day-long court proceedings will receive priority space for the afternoon session.
2. Kids Spot is open from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday when the Circuit Court is open for business. Clients must check in 15
minutes prior to any scheduled court event. Kids Spot is closed for lunch from 12:30pm – 1:15pm Monday through Friday when the
Circuit Court is open for business. Children must be picked up at 12:30pm and may not return until 1:15pm.
3. For your child’s safety and protection, the person who signs a child into Kids Spot or the emergency contact must sign the child out of Kids
Spot. A photo ID is required to sign out the child from Kids Spot.
4. If for any reason you need to leave the Circuit Courthouse, you must take your child with you. This includes visits to the District Court
5. Kids Spot staff is unable to give any child medication. However, staff will obtain medical care for your child in case of an emergency.
6. If your child is not picked up by 5:00pm, Kids Spot staff will attempt to locate the guardian. If not located, staff will reach out to the
emergency contact listed on the registration form. If the guardian and emergency contact are not located, Kids Spot staff will contact the
Sheriff’s Office and Court Administration. If necessary, Kids Spot staff will also notify Child Welfare Services of the Department of Social
Services for Montgomery County who may need to retain custody of the child until the guardian is located.
7. If your child appears ill when you arrive, admission will be refused. If your child becomes ill while at Kids Spot, staff will notify you
8. If your child cries longer than 20 minutes or does not respect guidelines for safe play, you will be called and asked to return.
9. Kids Spot visitor badges must be visibly worn at all times within the courthouse.
10. Kids Spot is not responsible for any lost or stolen items left at the waiting room. We will do our best to keep all of your child’s items
together during their time at Kids Spot. Please take all valuables with you.
I agree to remain at the Circuit courthouse while my child is at Kids Spot Initials: __________
I agree to wear my visitor badge visibly at all times while in the courthouse Initials: __________
I will notify Kids Spot at 240-773-3915 if I change locations within the courthouse during the day
I agree to pick up my child for lunch by 12:30pm
I agree to pick up my child by 5:00pm even if court proceedings are still on-going
I have received a copy of the Kids Spot Guidelines for Guardians
My child may eat the Kids Spot snack
My child has emergency medication with them (yes: _____ no: _____)
noThere are custody issues Kids Spot staff should be aware of (yes: _____
I have read and understand these policies.
Signature of Parent/Guardian: _____________________________________ Signature of Staff: _____________________________________