Name________________________________________________ MMC ID #_________________
Preferred Email_____________________________________ Local/Cell Phone_______________
MMC Sponsoring Academic Department______________________________________________
Semester/Year of Internship_________________________________________________________
STUDENT INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
As a student seeking credit for an internship experience, I agree to:
1. Complete the Internship Learning Agreement and submit it via the online Internship Application and
to the Faculty Supervisor before beginning the internship.
2. Meet with the Internship Coordinator (Ryan Atwell, Career Services) after submitting the online
Internship Application. I understand that after I meet with the Internship Coordinator, my application
will need to be digitally approved by both my Faculty Supervisor and the Division Chair before it is
sent to the Registrar’s Office to be added to my schedule.
3. Perform to the best of my ability all tasks assigned by the Site Supervisor that are related to my
learning objectives and internship responsibilities.
4. Complete all academic work as outlined by my Faculty Supervisor and required for the granting of
academic credit for the internship, e.g., papers, journals, meetings. (Be sure that you discuss the
academic requirements with your faculty supervisor before registering for an internship.)
5. Follow all regulations, rules, and normal requirements of the workplace.
6. Immediately notify my Faculty Supervisor and the Internship Coordinator (Ryan Atwell, Career
Services) of any changes or problems that may develop during the internship, especially if my site
supervisor changes. (Please provide contact information for the new supervisor immediately.
This is important for evaluation purposes and may affect your grade.)
7. Complete an evaluation of my experience at the internship.
Student Intern Signature________________________________________________Date________
Remember that the internship requires a minimum GPA of 2.0 and 30 completed credits. Transfer
students are eligible after one semester of full-time study at MMC. Students must also have completed all
necessary and outstanding CareerLab assignments. Please visit the Internship page of the Career Services
website for more information.
New York State Education Law requires a minimum of 120 hours of supervised work in order to
obtain 3 internship credits.
Your work schedule is to be negotiated with your Site Supervisor taking into account your academic
*Please note that the learning agreement must be completed in order to submit your application to
receive academic credit for your internship.