MILITARY ACADEMIC SKILLS PROGRAM (MASP)
Acknowledgement of Responsibilities
________________________________ ___________________ ____ ______ ____________
Last Name First Name MI Rank Full SSN
__________________________________________________ _______________________________ ___________________
Unit / Command Unit Supervisor Name, Phone Number & Email Address
(GySgt or above)
_830-__________________ __________________________ __________ ____________
Duty Phone Student Contact Phone EAS
_________ ____________ ________ _______________________________________________________
MATH READING/WRITING BOTH Reasons for Taking This Course
(0800 – 1200) (1300 – 1700)
COURSE DATES REQUESTING
Contract MUST be turned in the Friday prior to orientation
Applications are not considered complete unless ALL of the fields above are filled in.
Incomplete contracts will not be accepted.
1. Please follow the instructions on the attached sheet.
2. Applicants (APP) and approving CO must initial the following statements to indicate
they understand the expectations and procedures governing the Military Academic Skills Program.
CO APP a. I understand that students who have an EAS date within 60 days of the course will need
permission from the Copper Mountain College Coordinator to enroll in the course.
CO APP b. I understand that the MASP is the student’s appointed place of duty during the inclusive dates
stated in this contract. The member is on permissive TAD orders while attending MASP; therefore, the member will be
excused from unit requirements that interfere with the student’s participation.
CO APP c. I understand that assignment to MASP is a commitment to attend all scheduled classes.
Copper Mountain College has a zero absence policy, including tardiness & early departure.
CO APP d. I understand and consent that my attendance and post TABE scores may be shared with my
commanding officer, unit supervisor and Base Education.
CO APP e. I understand that the student will adhere to the following requirements:
1. Be on time (0800 & 1300) each day (Monday through Friday).
2. Come prepared and submit assignments on time as required.
3. Conduct must be professional and appropriate to a learning environment.
4. Be in military uniform Monday – Thursday and may dress in appropriate civilian attire on Fridays.
3. Attach a full copy of your GT score to this contract, available @ MarineOnline or from IPAC, in an email to
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Return completed contract to Copper Mountain College
Staff for review of GT score & TABE test scores for acceptance into the course. Students will be contacted
if any questions should arise. Otherwise, students are expected to attend the mandatory orientation.
4. Contract MUST be turned in before the Friday prior to orientation. Questions regarding program requirements or
class attendance should be directed to Summer Grenzow, Copper Mountain College Student Support Specialist @
760-366-3791 ext. 5891or
APPLICANT’S SIGNATURE DATE
_____ (CO Initial) I have seen the TABE scores and understand this score reflects 1 – 12 Grade level
COMMANDING OFFICER’S SIGNATURE DATE
Education Center Use Only
MARINE CORPS COMMUNITY SERVICES
LIFELONG LEARNING EDUCATION