CSCL/CD-541 (Rev. 10/17)
Business Telephone Number
Submit with check or money order by mail:
Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau
P.O. Box 30054
Lansing, MI 48909
To submit in person:
2501 Woodlake Circle
Telephone: (517) 241-6470
Fees may be paid by check, money order, VISA, MasterCard,
or Discover when delivered in person to our office.
COFS (Corporations Online Filing System):
document may be completed and submitted online at www.michigan.gov/corpfileonline.
Fees may be paid by VISA, MasterCard, or Discover.
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
1. This form may be used to draft your Certificate of Assumed Name. A document required or permitted to be filed under the act
cannot be filed unless it contains the minimum information required by the act. The format provided contains only the minimal
information required to make the document fileable and may not meet your needs. This is a legal document and agency staff
cannot provide legal advice.
2. Submit one original of this document. Upon filing, the document will be added to the records of the Corporations, Securities &
Commercial Licensing Bureau. The original will be returned to your registered office address unless you enter a different address in
the box on the front of this document.
Since this document will be maintained on electronic format, it is important that the filing be legible. Documents with poor black and
white contrast, or otherwise illegible, will be rejected.
8. NONREFUNDABLE FEES: Make remittance payable to the State of Michigan. Include entity name and identification number on
check or money order.
LARA is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids, services and other reasonable accommodations are available upon request to individuals
5. Item 1 - The name is the name contained in the original, amended, or restated Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Limited
Partnership, or Articles of Organization. The name of a foreign corporation, limited partnership, or limited liability company, is that
name under which it obtained its authority to transact business or conduct affairs in Michigan.
3. The certificate is effective for a period expiring on December 31 of the fifth full calendar year following the year in which it was
filed, unless a Certificate of Termination is filed.
6. Item 2 - Enter the identification number assigned by the Bureau. If this number is unknown, leave it blank.
4. When the same name is assumed by more than one entity, each participant corporation, limited partnership, or limited liability
company must simultaneously file a separate Certificate of Assumed Name. The assumed name will be effective for the same
period for each participant.
7. The Certificate must be signed by:
CORPORATIONS: an authorized officer or agent.
LIMITED PARTNERSHIPS: a general partner.
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES: a manager, if managed by one or more managers, a member if
management remains in the members, or an authorized agent of the company.
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES: a person with authority to do so under the laws of the jurisdiction of
CORPORATION OR LIMITED PARTNERSHIP..........................................
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY.................................................................
Documents that are endorsed filed are available at www.michigan.gov/corpentitysearch. If the submitted document is not fileable, the notice of refusal to
file and document will be available at the Rejected Filings Search website at www.michigan.gov/corprejectedsearch.