CSCL/CD-700 (Rev. 07/19)
Business telephone number
To submit in person:
2501 Woodlake Circle
Telephone: (517) 241-6470
Fees may be paid by check, money order, VISA, MasterCard,
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Name of person or organization remitting fees.
Submit with check or money order by mail:
Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Lic
P.O. Box 30054
Lansing, MI 48909
1. This form may be used to draft your Articles of Organization. A document required or permitted to be filed under the act
cannot be filed unless it contains the minimum information required by the Act. The format provided contains only the
minimal information required to make the document fileable and may not meet your needs. This is a legal document and
agency staff cannot provide legal advice.
2. Submit one original of this document. Upon filing, the document will be added to the records of the Corporations,
Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau. The original will be returned to your registered office address unless you
enter a different address in the box on the front of this document.
Since this document will be maintained on electronic format, it is important that the filing be legible. Documents with poor
black and white contrast, or otherwise illegible, will be rejected.
3. This document is to be used pursuant to the provisions of Act 23, P.A. of 1993, by one or more persons for the purpose of
forming a domestic limited liability company. Use form BCS/CD 701 if the limited liability company will be providing
services rendered by a dentist, an osteopathic physician, a physician, a surgeon, a doctor of divinity or other
clergy, or an attorney-at-law.
4. Article I - The name of a domestic limited liability company is required to contain the words Limited Liability
Company or the abbreviation L.L.C. or L.C., with or without periods.
5. Article II- Under section 203(b) of the Act, it is sufficient to state substantially, alone or with specifically enumerated
purposes, that the limited liability company is formed to engage in any activity within the purposes for which a limited
liability company may be formed under the Act.
6. Article V - Section 401 of the Act specifically states the business shall be managed by members unless the Articles of
Organization state the business will be managed by managers. If the limited liability company is to be managed by
managers instead of by members, insert a statement to that effect in Article V.
7. This document is effective on the date endorsed "Filed" by the Bureau. A later effective date, no more than 90 days after
the date of delivery, may be stated as an additional article.
8. The Articles must be signed by one or more persons organizing the Limited Liability Company. Type or print the name of
the organizers signing beneath their signature.
9. If more space is needed, attach additional pages. All pages should be numbered.
10. NONREFUNDABLE FEE: Make remittance payable to the State of Michigan. Include limited liability company name on
check or money order..................................................................................................................................................$50.00
Veterans: Pursuant to MCL 450.5101(7)(8)(10), if a majority of the initial membership interests in the domestic limited
liability company will be held by 1 or more veterans who served in the United States Armed Forces, (including the reserve
components) who were discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable, you may obtain further
information regarding a fee waiver at www.michigan.gov/corpveteranfeewaivers.
COFS (Corporations Online Filing System):
This document may be completed and submitted online at www.michigan.gov/corpfileonline.
Fees may be paid by VISA, MasterCard, or Discover.
Documents that are endors
ed filed are available at www.michigan.gov/corpentitysearch. If the submitted document is not fileable, the
notice of refusal to
file and document will be available at the Rejec
ted Filings Search website at www. michigan.gov/corprejectedsea
LARA is an equal opportunity employ
er/program. Auxiliary aids, services and other reasonable accommodations are available upon
request to individuals with disabilities.