Any claim filed without the required documentation listed above will be returned.
• Visit bcbsnc.com for prescription drug, dental and international claim forms, or call the toll-free number on your ID card.
• Complete a separate claim form for each covered family member.
• Enclose itemized receipts and make copies for your records. See Section IV for required information.
• Do not file a claim if the provider is filing for the same services.
• Attach Explanation of Benefits if these services are covered by another insurance policy.
• Claims must be filed within 18 months from the date services were received, or they will be denied.
• Please see Section VI for mailing information.
MEMBER CLAIM FORM
Do not file prescription drugs on this form. Use blue or black ink to complete.
An independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ®,
Marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Mark of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. BE236, 12/07
SECTION I: Patient Information Please enter the subscriber number from your ID card.
SECTION III: Other Insurance Information
Please complete the information below if the patient is covered by another health insurance policy.
PLEASE NOTE: If your other insurance or Medicare policy is primary, you must attach a copy of the Explanation
of Benefits from that insurer. Your claim cannot be processed without this information.
SECTION II: Mailing Information Please check here if address has changed.
Please complete the information below if the patient is covered by Medicare:
Does the patient
have other insurance?
Patient’s Last Name:
Address (Line 1):
Address (Line 2):
City: State: ZIP Code:
Other health insurance
Medicare health insurance
Other policy holder’s
2 digits preceding patient’s
name (see ID card)
Part A and B