SECTION 3 - APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY
SECTION 4 - APPLICANT SIGNATURE
CURRENT MEAT AND/OR POULTRY PROCESSING FACILITY INSPECTION STATUS
The Meat and Poultry Processing Grant provides funding for meat and poultry processing facilities located in Missouri who employ fewer than
200 employees in the state. Both existing facilities and new facilities that will soon be in operation are eligible to apply. All facilities must provide
proof of their federal grant of inspection, state grant of inspection, or application of state grant of exemption no later than November 30, 2020.
What is the facility’s current inspection status?
Federal Inspection - Establishment Number ____________ Does the facility currently conduct livestoc y slaughter? k or poultr Yes No
State Inspection - Establishment Number ____________ Does the facility currently conduct livestock or poultry slaughter? Yes No
Custom Exempt - Date of application ____________
Facility not yet in operation. ____________ When do you anticipate receiving a grant of inspection or exemption? ____________
MAXIMUM REIMBURSEMENT GRANT AWARD
The maximum reimbursement grant amount will be determined by the Applicant’s demonstrated Level of eligibility achieved no later than
November 30, 2020. Applicants may apply for a Level which they do not currently qualify for, but must demonstrate qualifications for the higher
Level no later than November 30, 2020. The three Levels are intended to incentivize facilities to increase livestock or poultry slaughter and/
or become an inspected or exempted facility in the near term. Increased Missouri meat and poultry slaughter and processing facility capacity
will add resilience to food supply chain disruptions and mitigate health and environmental impacts as a result of the COVID-19 public health
Level 1 - Maximum $200,000 Reimbursement Grant
• Federal or state inspected meat and/or poultry slaughter and processing facility
• Facility must conduct livestock or poultry slaughter
• Applications will be accepted from prospective facilities that are not yet inspected or that do not yet conduct slaughter. However, no funds
will be disbursed until proof of a grant of inspection for slaughter is provided to the Department.
Level 2 - Maximum $100,000 Reimbursement Grant
• Federal or state inspected meat and/or poultry processing facility
• Facility does not conduct livestock or poultry slaughter, but does provide further processing under inspection
• Applications will be accepted from prospective facilities that are not yet inspected. However, no funds will be disbursed until proof of a
grant of inspection is provided to the Department.
Level 3 - Maximum $20,000 Reimbursement Grant
• Custom exempt processing and/or slaughter facility
• Applications will be accepted from prospective facilities that do not have a grant of exemption yet. However, no funds will be disbursed
until proof of a grant of exemption is provided to the Department.
Which Level of funding is the facility applying for, with proof of inspection/exemption delivered no later than November 30, 2020?
Level 1 Level 2 Level 3
Pursuant to the “Guidelines” document for the “Meat and Poultry Processing Grant” issued by the Missouri Department of Agriculture
(Department), the applicant (signing below) hereby certifies, subject to penalties of perjury, the following:
1. Signing this document does not constitute an approved grant by the Department.
2. I have received and read the Meat and Poultry Processing Grant Guidelines.
3. I am not (i) a commissioner or employee of the Missouri Department of Agriculture, (ii) a member of the Missouri General Assembly,
(iii) a state-wide elected official, (iv) a director of a state department, or (v) a spouse or dependent child of any of the above who has a
substantial interest in the Meat and/or Poultry Processing Facility entity shown in Section 1. Substantial interest is defined as ownership
by the individual, the individual’s spouse, or the individual’s dependent children, whether singularly or collectively, of ten percent or more
of the Meat and/or Poultry Processing Facility.
4. I, the undersigned, to the best of my knowledge, information and belief declare that the information submitted is true, correct, and
complete, and I hereby agree to comply with the requirements of the program as specified herein.
5. The applicant understands that submitting false or misleading information in connection with this application may result in the applicant
being found ineligible for participation in the Meat and Poultry Processing Grant.
6. The applicant or owner of the applicant is not presently suspended, debarred, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, voluntarily
excluded from participation in this transaction by any Federal or State department or agency, or presently involved in any bankruptcy.
MO 350-1599 (7-2020) 2