Rail Projects Victoria: Melbourne Airport Rail Link – Registration of Interest 6
2. PURPOSE OF REGISTRATION
2.1 PURPOSE OF ROI
The purpose of this ROI is to allow RPV to:
• develop an understanding of organisations that are interested in the ARL and have the requisite
experience, capability and capacity to potentially assist in delivering the Project;
• gain a preliminary indication of the private sector’s appetite to invest in the components of the Project;
• establish a structured process for greater interaction, information sharing and ‘market testing’ of
proposed key commercial principles, processes and timing for the Project’s delivery; and
• provide an opportunity for respondents to this ROI to commence discussions between potential major
contractors, financiers, rail systems providers and other relevant providers, stakeholders and advisers,
noting that RPV would not be facilitating any such discussions.
It should be noted that the ROI process is not a pre-qualification for any formal procurement process.
2.2 SELECTION TO PARTICIPATE IN FUTURE
The information provided by respondents in the ROI Response Schedule (Appendix A) will be used by RPV
in its sole and absolute discretion to determine whether a respondent will be invited to participate in future,
pre-procurement, market interactions for the ARL.
The Victorian Government has selected the Sunshine Route as its preferred alignment, for the reasons
outlined in Section 1. Any future market engagement for the ARL will be based on the Sunshine Route, as
should any market-led proposal submission.
In exercising its discretion, RPV will consider respondents for participation in such future market interactions
based on each respondent’s capacity to meet the following criteria:
For designers, engineers, constructors, rail systems providers, rollingstock providers or other rail
• revenue (in Australia or internationally) for the 2017-18 financial year of greater than of AUD100 million;
• experience of, or current involvement in, large scale (i.e. greater than AUD150 million) rail or civil
construction, design or rail signalling contracts.
For sponsors, investors or financiers:
• participation in funding, sponsoring or investing in a large scale (i.e. greater than AUD150 million) rail or
civil construction, rail operation and/or rollingstock, rail design or rail signalling project.
For property developers:
• master developers with experience in large-scale mixed-use precinct developments; and
• developers with experience in large scale (i.e. greater than AUD50 million) integrated property
development, which may include a combination of retail, commercial or residential development, on or
around transport infrastructure.