THE LILLIAN SIMPSON SCHOLARSHIP
GUIDELINES FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Applicant must be a Greenville County Schools senior who will complete high school in spring 2019 and
will attend Greenville Technical College starting Summer or Fall Semester after graduation.
2. Applicant must be ranked in the top 50% of graduating class at the end of the Fall Semester of the
3. In order for the application to be considered, the following steps must be taken:
A. Submit Greenville Tech’s Application for Admission online at
on or before
Friday, March 15, 2019.
B. Complete and submit the Declaration of Legal Presence Form along with required state of state or
federal issued photo identification.
C. Take Greenville Technical College’s placement test or submit SAT scores of 480 or higher on the
verbal, 480 or higher on the math, or ACT Math and English scores of 19 or higher on or before
Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
D. Submit a copy of the applicant’s high school transcript.
E. Submit the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is
available online at www.fafsa.gov
, and have a Student Report sent to Greenville Technical
College. (Federal College Code 003991)
4. Applicant should complete the portion of the scholarship application labeled “Student Information” and give
the completed form to his or her high school counselor.
5. A recommendation must accompany the application and it must be signed by the student’s high school
counselor. The completed scholarship application form and recommendation must be received by the
college via mail or by fax no later than 1:00 pm on Friday, March 29, 2019.
The scholarship is divided into $500 awards for each semester (up to three consecutive semesters as long as
the student maintains a “C” average/2.0 GPA) during the 2019-2020 academic year and may only be applied
toward tuition. Any additional tuition costs, lab fees, application fees, student fees, books or uniforms will be
the responsibility of the student.
Criteria for Scholarship Award:
1. All applicants who meet the above qualifications are eligible for nomination.
2. Selection of a single winner per school will be made by a committee comprised of Greenville Technical
College’s Student Services Division representatives. Multiple applicants from each school are encouraged,
as alternates will be determined and awarded if the designated recipient does not elect to attend Greenville
3. This scholarship may not be combined with the Business Education Department Scholarship or Vocational
4. A college representative will present the scholarship at the recipient’s high school awards program at the
end of the academic year. We ask that the recipient be present to receive the award.