3. Important Notes Regarding the Information Supplied in a LIM
1. In accordance with Section 44A of the Local Government Ofcial Information & Meetings Act 1987, the following
information is provided in a LIM:
• Any special features of the land including potential erosion, avulsion, falling debris, subsidence, slippage, alluvion,
inundation, or the likely presence of hazardous substances that are known to Watomo District Council.
• Public stormwater and sewerage drains as shown on the Council’s records.
• Whether the land is supplied with drinking water and if so, whether the supplier is the owner of the land or a
networked supplier. If the land is supplied with water by the network supplier, any conditions that are applicable to
that supply; and if the land is supplied with water by the owner of the land, any information the territorial authority
has about the supply.
• Any rates owing.
• Any consents, certicates, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings.
• Information notied to the territorial authority under section 124 of the Weathertight Homes Resolution Services
• Any other classications or land or buildings that have been notied to the Council by any other statutory
• Any other information that the Council deems to be relevant.
2. In accordance with section 44A(3) Waitomo District Council is able, at its discretion, to provide information in addition
to the information which must be provided under section 44A(2) of the Local Government Ofcial Information and
Meetings Act 1987. Where available, Waitomo District Council will also provide the following information:
• Services Map (generally showing locations of public utilities (stormwater, water, wastewater).
• Aerial Map of the property.
Waitomo District Plan details that apply to the property & relevant planning maps(s).
Whether a swimming or spa pool is known by Council to be located on the property.
The Local Government Ofcial Information & Meetings Act 1987 requires Council to, on application, supply a LIM in
relation to matter affecting any land in the district of Council within 10 working days.
(Working days are suspended for the period 25 December to 15 January, working days do not include weekends or
public holidays and the rst working day will commence the following working day after the day the LIM application is
An on-site inspection is not made for the purposes of the LIM report.
Where requested, Waitomo District Council may also supply information that has been supplied by a third party pursuant
to Parts 2, 3 or 4 of the Local Government Ofcial Information and Meetings Act 1987. Waitomo District Council cannot
verify if this information is reliable or accurate. Any such third party information should be subject to further checking by
the applicant. Waitomo District Council will not accept any liability whatsoever, or subsequent loss, attributed to the third
party information, in accordance with section 41 of the Local Government Ofcial Information and Meetings Act 1987.