REQUIRED SUBMITTAL MATERIALS
1. Land Development Application Form: A fully completed and executed application on the form provided by Community and Development Services
2. Cover Letter/Narrative: The cover letter shall include the name, address and phone number of both the property owner(s) and any appointed
representative. The cover letter must provide a clear, concise description of the proposal.
3. Vicinity Map (separate from site plan)
4. Proof of Ownership: A copy of recorded deed(s) reflecting current ownership. If there is a mortgage on the property, a copy of recorded deed(s) of
trust/mortgages to any and all lending agencies and any and all liens of record are also required
5. Proof of Ownership: Ownership & Encumbrance report dated no earlier than three (3) weeks prior to the date this application is submitted
6. Proof of Ownership: Title commitment or title policy guaranteeing clear title, including legible copies of any reported documents referenced by book
and page or reception number, dated no earlier than three (3) weeks prior to the date this application is submitted
7. List and map of property owners and addresses in accordance with public notice provisions (adjacent, 500’, or 1,320’ as the case may be) obtained
from Elbert County Mapper. Refer to ECZR Part I, section 10 for specific requirements for each application process.
8. Written Legal Description of property boundary
9. Proof of Water: Either a will serve letter from the water district or company, or the submittal of a copy of an approved well permit
10. Proof of Sewer: Either a will serve letter from the sanitary district or company, or the submittal of an approved wastewater/septic permit
11. Proof of Fire Protection: A written statement, on the required CDS form, from the appropriate fire district, indicating that they serve the referenced
property. If the property is not located within a fire protection district, a contract with a district or a municipality indicating that they will provide fire
service to the property shall be required.
12. Proof/Explanation of Access and/or Copy of Access Permit
13. Statement of Taxes Due from County Treasurer for the all parcels, current to within one week of submission
14. Site Plan/Plot Plan Exhibit showing all building improvements, additions, setbacks, and heights proposed
15. Site Plan Exhibit for Special Use by Review (SUR) Permit in accordance with ECZR, Part II Section 17
16. Special Use by Review (SUR) Development Guide/Written Restrictions
17. Planned Unit Development (PUD) Graphic Exhibit in accordance with ECZR, Part II, Section 16, D. 9.
18. Planned Unit Development (PUD) Development Guide/Written Restrictions in accordance with ECZR, Part II, Section 16, D. 4.
19. Rezone Exhibit – scaled and dimensioned and in accordance with ECZR, Part I, Section 6, B.2.e
20. Concept Plan in accordance with ECSR Section VII
21. Preliminary Plat – scaled and dimensioned and in accordance with ECSR Section VIII
22. Final Plat (Major or Minor) – scaled and dimensioned and in accordance with ECSR Section IX
23. Plat Amendment or Lot Line Adjustment Plat – scaled and dimensioned and in accordance with ECSR Section XII
24. Administrative Parcels Consolidation Plat – scaled and dimensioned and in accordance with ECSR XVIII
25. Subdivision Exemption Plat – scaled and dimensioned and in accordance with ECSR Section XII
26. Right-of-Way Vacation Exhibit
27. Survey of the property showing property dimensions, existing structures, adjacent roadways, existing easements, etc. – scaled and dimensioned
28. Site Development Plan (SDP) – scaled and dimensioned and in accordance with SDP guidelines
29. Preliminary Drainage Report and Plan OR Drainage Letter
30. Final Drainage Report and Plan OR Drainage Letter
31. Floodplain Report (if property is within mapped flood hazard area)
32. Geologic Report: If the subject property is located within an area that contains expansive soils or other geologic hazards, a geologic report may be
required by the County Engineer or Colorado Geologic Survey.
33. Grading and Erosion Control Plan
34. Civil Construction Plans for on site improvements
35. Preliminary Plans for Public Improvements
36. Final Plans for Public Improvements
37. Quantities and cost estimates for public improvements (Engineer’s Estimate)
38. Visual Analysis or renderings
39. Traffic Analysis (fewer than 1,000 VPD) or Traffic Study (greater than 1,000 VPD and must be prepared by a Professional Engineer)
40. Wetlands Delineation Report
41. Wildlife Biologist’s Report
42. Soils Report
43. Lighting/Photometric Plan
44. Utility Report/Plan
45. Landscape Plan – scaled and dimensioned
46. Building Elevations
47. Subdivision Summary Form (provided by CDS)
48. Developed lot valuation from a qualified appraiser
49. Subdivision Phasing & Financial Plan
50. Development Agreement, Subdivision Improvement Agreement, etc.
51. Certification of notice from property owner to mineral estate owners of record pursuant to CRS 24.6.55-103, within 30 days before hearing, if lot
lines are changed or created.
52. A letter from the Homeowners Association approving the Lot Line Adjustment/Plat Amendment
53. A written letter, signed by 100% of the property owners abutting property proposed to be vacated
54. Other as requested by CDS or Public Works: .
LAND DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION
Community & Development Services, Elbert County, Colorado
P.O. Box 7, 215 Comanche St. Kiowa, CO 80117 ● (303) 621-3185 ● Fax (303) 621-3165 ● www.elbertcounty-co.gov
Elbert County Land Development Application Form – 3/23/2018 – Page 3 of 3