PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Responsible for conscious thought, the largest structure of the brain is the __________________________.
It has right and left __________________________.
The __________________________ is responsible for balance and fine-tuning movement.
2. Which two structures are shared by the brainstem and the hindbrain?
3. The brainstem connects the __________________________ to the __________________________. It is
responsible for the most primitive and basic brain functions.
4. Which brain system is responsible for processing emotions?
5. Cerebrospinal fluid is found in large chambers called __________________________.
6. The brain is supplied with collateral circulation via several vessels that arise from three branches of
the __________________________. One important anastomosis, located at the base of the brain, is the
7. Blood leaves the brain through a series of __________________________ and ultimately exits the skull via
8. Different parts of the brain communicate via tracts of __________________________.
TIME TO PRACTICE!
GO TO THE NERVOUS SYSTEM QUIZZES AND TAKE QUIZ 8 CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM, QUIZ 9
CEREBELLUM, QUIZ 10 DIENCEPHALON, AND QUIZ 12 LIMBIC SYSTEM.