You will need to supply two current colour passport quality (45mm x 35mm)
photographs of yourself on matte photographic paper, taken against a
PLAIN WHITE background.
IMPORTANT: Please attach your photographs to this form, ensuring they do
not get scratched or damaged in any way.
To ensure your photographs meets quality standards, they must:
• Show the head and top of shoulders close up, so that the face is displayed
from the bottom of the chin to the crown (i.e. top if head without hair).
• Show a full frontal view of the face and shoulders square on (not looking over
shoulder, with the edges of the face visible).
• Show the person looking directly at the camera (not tilted head).
• Be taken with a neutral expression and the mouth closed (not smiling,
laughing or frowning).
• Show the eyes open and clearly visible.
• The eyes must not be covered by hair, or by glasses frames or tinted lenses.
• Sunglasses must be removed if they are sitting on the top of the head and
photographs showing a reection of a camera ash or other light will be
• Head coverings may not be worn unless for religious or health reasons.
(Veils covering the face are not acceptable).
• It is important when submitting your Photo Kit that your photographs are not
creased or damaged.
• You must write your name and date of birth on the back of one of the
• Your Authorised Witness must also sign the back of the photograph.
Please ensure that you and your Authorised Witness do not press too
hard when writing on the back of the photograph, to prevent the writing
on the back becoming visible on the front.
• Ink from stamps used to certify your photograph must not be visible on the
front of the photograph.
Two forms of identication (Primary and Secondary) MUST be sight
by the Authorised Witness and certied copies must be attached to the
*Acceptable forms of Primary identication:
• An Australian passport (which has not expired for more than two years).
• A current Document of Identity issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
• A current overseas passport.
• An Australian citizenship or naturalisation document or immigration papers issued
by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
• An original or certied copy of a birth certicate (not an extract).
• A photo identity card for police or defence force personnel (excluding
civilian identity cards).
• A consular photo identity card issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs
• A photographic licence issued by an Australian driver licensing authority
(which has not expired for more than two years).
• A Western Australian Proof of Age card (not an 18+ card).
*Acceptable forms of Secondary identication:
• Medicare Card.
• A current Australian EFTPOS or Credit Card.
• An Australian bank statement or letter (less than six months old).
• An Australian utilities account or notice (for example gas, water, electricity or
phone bill) that is less than six months old.
• A conrmation of electoral enrolment letter issued by the Australian Electoral
Commission (less than two years old).
• An ofcial document or letter from a Government Agency with current
residential address (for example the Australian Taxation Ofce, Centrelink
or Medicare) that is less than six months old.
• School reports (less than six months old) issued by a secondary school in WA.
• A letter from an educational institution advising of customers’ current
residential address (less than six months old).
*Subject to variation.
A full list of acceptable identication documents are
available online at www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing
PROOF OF IDENTITY
An ‘Authorised Witness’ must must qualify or be currently employed in
one of the following professional or occupational groups:
• Academic (post-secondary • Local Government Councillor
institution) • Loss Adjuster
• Accountant • Marriage Celebrant
• Architect • Member of Parliament (State or
• Australian Consular Ofcer Commonwealth)
• Australian Diplomatic Ofcer • Minister of Religion
• Bailiff • Nurse
• Bank Manager • Optometrist
• Chartered Secretary • Patent Attorney
• Chemist • Physiotherapist
• Chiropractor • Podiatrist
• Company Auditor or Liquidator • Police Ofcer
• Court Ofcer (Judge, Magistrate, • Post Ofcer Manager
Registrar or Clerk) • Psychologist
• Defence Force ofcer • Public Notary
(Commissioned, Warrant or NCO • Public Servant (State or
with 5 years continuous service) Commonwealth)
• Dentist • Real Estate Agent
• Doctor • Settlement Agent
• Engineer • Sheriff or Deputy Sheriff
• Industrial Organisation Secretary • Surveyor
• Insurance Broker • Teacher
• Justice of the Peace • Tribunal Ofcer
• Lawyer • Veterinary Surgeon
• Local Government CEO or Deputy
• Or any person before whom, under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 of
the Commonwealth, a statutory declaration may be made.
A photo kit can be completed by a person renewing a licence or obtaining a
replacement licence who is:
• temporarily living or travelling interstate or overseas;
• has a medical condition that would make it difcult to attend a photographic
licensing site; or
• is living in a remote area within Western Australia.
You need to provide two current colour passport photos - requirements
for photo image are on the reverse of this form. Print your name and
date of birth on the back of one of the photos for witnessing.
Take this form, passport photo and identication documents to be witnessed.
The witness must:
• sight your proof of identity (see ‘Proof of Identity’ on the back of this form)
and certify copies to accompany this form.
• complete the witness details below and sign this form and the back of the
photo to be witnessed.
Cheques and money orders must be made payable to Department of
Transport and MUST be in Australian dollars. Payment must be received
before the application will be processed.
Insufficient credit card details or declined credit card payments will
cause your application to be rejected.
The photo kit, renewal form (if applicable), certied copies of proof of
identity (Primary and Secondary) and fee must be posted to:
Department of Transport, GPO Box R1290, PERTH WA 6844.
More information is available: online at www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing, by
calling Department of Transport on 13 11 56, by calling +61 8 9215 1204 from
outside Australia and by email to email@example.com
Your personal driver’s licence information, photograph, and vehicle licence
information may be used, or disclosed to a third party, where authorised
under ‘road law’ (as dened in the Road Trafc (Administration) Act 2008),
or Commonwealth law or in compliance with a Court Order issued within
Australia. Your personal details may also be disclosed to other driver
licensing authorities to assess your application or verify any information you
REQUIREMENTS FOR PHOTO IMAGE
DESCRIPTION OF AUTHORISED WITNESS