LAS POSITAS COLLEGE
REQUEST FOR COURSE SUBSTITUTION OR WAIVER OF AA/AS/CA REQUIREMENT
Course Substitution or Waiver of Local Program Requirement Procedure
1. Student submits request, with required documentation, to Admissions and Records.
1) Only lower division courses completed at a regionally accredited institution will be considered.
2) Please provide an
official transcript and a course syllabus or course outline including a detailed course description;
foreign transcripts need an official evaluation by an accredited agency.
3) If approved, a student may be required to substitute elective course(s) to obtain the total units required for the program.
4) For prior experience, include
parallel experience(s) and supporting documents which may include transcripts,
statements of employers, and military or technical school certificates which provide(s) rationale for waiving of program
2. Admissions and Records forwards the form to the Discipline Faculty; Discipline Faculty approves/denies, and sends the form
to Division Dean.
3. Division approves/denies, and sends form to Admissions and Records for Evaluator review – if Discipline Faculty and Division
Dean disagree, form goes to Academic Senate for review and then to Evaluator review. **
4. Evaluator reviews and notifies student by telephone; emails or mails copy of form.
Major or Educational Local Degree (AA/AS) or Certificate (CA) for this Request*
A.S. Degree in
A.A Degree in
Certificate of Achievement (CA) in
Certificate of Accomplishment (CA) in
For Associate Degrees for Transfer (A.S-T/A.A.-T) please use Request for Course Substitution of AD-T Program Requirement form.
NOTE: Please refer to the College Catalog for graduation requirements.
To Request A Substitution Of Program Requirement:
Rationale – please briefly explain:
(Please see reverse side for waiver and verification signatures)