Loss of Enrollment Priority and/or BOGW Fee Waiver Appeal Processing Instructions
LOSS OF PRIORITY REGISTRATION:
Per Title 5, Section 58108 Regulations of the California Community College System, your calculated academic standing will impact
your assigned registration date for future semesters. A second consecutive term (fall/spring semesters) on academic or progress
probation will result in the loss of continuing student priority registration. This will also apply to any student over 100-unit limit
(excluding non-degree applicable and ESL courses). This means you would register after all continuing and new students thereby
possibly losing your opportunity for the courses you need to meet your educational goal.
LOSS OF BOARD OF GOVERNORS FEE WAIVER (BOGW):
Please be aware a student that continues on a second consecutive term (fall/spring semesters) on academic or progress probation
will result in the loss of the BOGW Fee Waiver.
1. Complete the student information part of this appeal form and a typed narrative of your situation and go to the Counseling
Center in AC-126 to schedule an appointment. (If you are Foster Youth, you are exempted from this process. Please contact
the Admissions and Records Office.) When making an appointment with a counselor, let the scheduler know you are
requesting an appeal and will need a comprehensive education plan or will be updating your current education plan.
2. Bring this form with you to your appointment with your typed narrative and supporting documentation. If you are a
CalWORKs, EOPS, DSPS, or Veteran student you must meet with the appropriate program Counselor. You may meet with the
counselor by phone and fax in the paperwork.
3. If you are requesting an appeal for Academic/Progress Probation due to Extenuating Circumstances such as verified illness,
accident or circumstances beyond your control, or documented changes in your economic situation have your supporting
documentation ready. (Supporting documentation are doctor’s notes, accident report, loss of job, etc.)
4. Submit the completed Appeal form to Admissions and Records Office with all of the supporting documentation that is
indicated on the form based on your appeal reason (Appeal Form, typed or written narrative, comprehensive education plan,
and supporting documentation). Any missing information will result in your Enrollment Priority/BOGW Fee Waiver Appeal
form being rejected by the Appeals Committee.
1. You may download the appeals form from our website at www.portervillecollege.edu. Click on Admissions & Records and
view the A & R Documents on the lower left hand side.
2. After meeting with a Counselor, take, email or fax this form along with your supporting documentation (Appeal, narrative,
comprehensive education plan, and supporting documentation) to the Admissions Office for processing. Please note that
appeals may take up to 4 weeks to review. It is your responsibility to ensure that the documentation is received in the
Admissions and Records Office.
All Appeal forms and documentation must be submitted to the Admissions and
Records Office. Planning ahead is very important!