Kathy Schrock’s Guide for Educators
©2006-9. Kathleen Schrock. All rights reserved.
Permission granted for classroom use. No derivative works or re-posting.
What makes a good podcast?
When you listen to a podcast, or when you are making your own, think about these qualities of a
Your name: _____________________________________________ Date:___________
Title of podcast: _______________________________________________________________
Feed URL (or URL) of podcast:__________________________________________________
Creator of podcast:____________________________________________________________
YES NO N/A
1. Did the podcast include content that was useful / relevant for your purpose?
2. Were the technical qualities (audio, slides, etc.) acceptable in the production?
3. Was a written transcript of the podcast available?
4. Was the podcast linked from a site which included subject tags?
5. Was the podcast linked from a site which included links to other resources?
6. Did the podcast adhere to the copyright guidelines in its use of music,
7. Was the length of the podcast appropriate for its content? (20 min. or less)
8. Was the podcast part of a regularly scheduled series?
9. Did the subjects in the podcast have “personality” to keep you interested?
10. Did the podcast flow smoothly (introduction, content, summary)?
11. Was it obvious how to add the podcast feed to your aggregator? (RSS)
12. If the item was an enhanced podcast, did the use of slides enhance the
13. If the item was an enhanced podcast, was it available in various file formats
to allow viewing on various hardware devices?
In your own words, describe the podcast you listened to and its attributes.
*N/A means Not Applicable--the question can't be answered or it does not pertain to the site you are viewing.