Palomar College | Oce of Admissions | Admissions@palomar.edu | (760) 744-1150 ext 2164
General Informaon for the K-12 Special Admission Approval Form
Oce of Admissions | Admissions@palomar.edu | (760) 744-1150 Ext 2164
Please read the instrucons & general informaon page, as well as the Noce to Minor Students/Parents/Guardians, in their enrety,
prior to subming the completed forms to the Admissions Oce.
• All secons of this form must be completed for each semester of aendance unl high school graduaon.
• Student must be enrolled in high school and is limited to 7.0 units (5.0 units for summer session) at Palomar College. Students
wishing to enroll in addional units must submit a K-12 Unit Peon along with high school transcripts to the Admissions Oce.
• Student must obtain signatures of both a parent and the high school counselor or principal.
• Student must complete an online Applicaon for Admission (applicaon not required if student is connuing from previous
• Acceptance of the Applicaon for Admission and this form do not guarantee enrollment into a class. Students must go through the
enrollment process and are subject to all requirements including but not limited to prerequisites, co- requisites, audion and
other enrollment restricons.
• Concurrent Enrollment Only (non-CCAP) - High school students concurrently enrolled part-me in college credit classes are
exempt from the enrollment fee (up to 11.9 units) but subject to all other fees, health fee, student center fee, student
representaon fee and when applicable, the non-resident tuion and capital outlay fees. Fees are due at the me of enrollment.
Failure to pay may result in being dropped from the class.
• Dual Enrollment Only (CCAP) - The intent of the PCCD Dual Enrollment Program is to provide educaonal enrichment for eligible
high school students and to help ensure a smoother transion from high school to college for students by providing them with
greater exposure to the collegiate atmosphere (California Ed Code 48800). Students parcipang in the Dual Enrollment Program
are exempt from payment of enrollment fees (for up to 15 units or 4 classes), mandatory fees (health & accident, student
representaon, student center, and instruconal materials), as well as nonresident tuion and capital outlay fees.
• Once a student has applied to an instuon of post-secondary educaon, wrien permission or consent of the student is required
to release any informaon pertaining to the student (in accordance with 20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99).
• Palomar College is NOT responsible for providing transportaon, or instruconal materials, including but not limited to textbooks
for students enrolled in the K-12/Concurrent enrollment program.
• Palomar College is NOT responsible for providing transportaon for students enrolled in a Dual Enrollment Program. However, all
instruconal materials are provided for students enrolled in an approved Dual Enrollment Program.
• Review and discuss the Noce to Minor Students/Parents/Guardians with your son or daughter.
• If your son or daughter is under the age of 18, please sign the Consent for Treatment of Minor.
Public and Private School Informaon
• High school counselors or principals may recommend college enrollment for students who have demonstrated adequate
preparaon in the discipline to be studied and can benet from advanced coursework.
• Discuss appropriate course selecon with the student.
Private School Informaon
• Regulaons (48800 and 76001(a)) require that high school students from private high schools may enroll as special part-me
community college students upon peon of the parent.
• Approval for enrollment in college classes will only be accepted from private schools which have led the proper adavit with
the Superintendent of Public Instrucon. A copy of the adavit must be submied along with the Special Admission Approval
Form for students who have not yet graduated from high school.
• Home-schooled students must provide proof of ling as a private school with the Superintendent of Public Instrucon (adavit).
Keep this page for your reference