Sioux Falls School District 49-5
DEPARTMENT: CHILD NUTRITION SERVICES
JOB TITLE: COOK
(Grade G; 9 month)
A. Education Level: High school diploma
B. Experience Desired: 1-3 years in quantity food preparation
C. Physical Requirements: Refer to physical demand summary
D. Other Requirements: Vocational training desirable in chef’s training or any
associate degree program in a related field
Valid South Dakota driver’s license
Ability to lift 50 pounds
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
RECEIVES GUIDANCE Kitchen Manager, Supervisor-CNS
1. Prepares cooked foods such as main dishes, vegetables, sauces and gravies.
2. Keeps production records for preparation and serving of all food used.
3. Washes all small equipment after completion of task and in accordance with
South Dakota sanitation and health guidelines.
4. Adjusts recipes for varying quantities.
5. Keeps work area clean with guidelines of South Dakota sanitation health
6. Stores leftover food according to proper storage and safety procedures.
7. Evaluates menu items for product standards.
8. Follows safety procedures in the use of all equipment.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.