Fire Cadets’ Code of Conduct
Fire Cadet Instructors are responsible for maintaining appropriate conduct amongst Fire Cadets. Instructors,
Volunteers and Cadets represent the Fire and Rescue Service (FRS) and must remember their responsibilities to the
community, ensuring courteous and professional behaviour at all times.
Listed below are the elements of the code of conduct to be followed by Instructors, and Cadets alike and will form
an agreed contract when signed.
• Fire Cadets and Instructors are required to act in a polite and disciplined manner and do nothing to bring the FRS
• Parents/Carers are responsible for the Cadet’s safety when travelling to and from the Cadet location
• Cadets must not enter a Fire Station unsupervised nor arrive more than 30 minutes before the session begins.
Instructors must be at the location prior to the Cadets arriving
• All uniform/PPE issued remains the property of the FRS and must be maintained in good condition and returned
upon the request of the FRS
• Full uniform must be worn by all Cadets and Instructors when attending Fire Cadets sessions and official
functions, and may not be worn on any occasion other than to official Fire Cadets activities
• All Fire Service equipment must not be operated unsupervised
• All personal property will be treated with respect
• Any damage or loss of uniform or equipment must be reported to an Instructor at the earliest opportunity
• Fire Cadets and Instructors must keep the premises clean and tidy at all times
• Smoking is not permitted during Fire Cadet Sessions or whilst undertaking Fire Cadet Activities
• Fire Cadets and Instructors are required to be presentable when in uniform. Long hair must be tied back and
must not obscure the face in any way whilst on drill
• No visible jewellery should be worn during drill yard activities
• All accidents, injuries and near-misses occurring whilst undertaking Fire Cadet Activities must be reported
immediately to Instructors and recorded appropriately in accordance with FRS procedures
• Fire Cadets must comply with all instructions given by Instructors
• Fire Cadets and Instructors must apply an attitude of fairness, equality and respect to others. Obscene or
abusive language will not be tolerated
• Chewing gum is not permitted during Fire Cadet sessions or activities
• Personal mobile phones must be turned off and kept in a secure location during Fire Cadet sessions/activities.
The FRS will not take any responsibility for personal belongings
• Fire Cadets who do not follow this code of conduct will be subject to the Fire Cadets’ Disciplinary Process
I confirm that I have read and understand the code of conduct and agree to comply with all of the above.