Instructions for filling out the MASCCGC Form
1. Use this form for submission to the Academic Standards & Curriculum Committee and to the Graduate Council for items to be
voted upon. A cover letter is not necessary as the form has the required signatures.
2. The electronic submissions to Acad. Aff. should be in packets based on the program. Example, if FAS, BES & FCS departments
are all submitting, do not place them under one file from CALNS. Submit programs separately unless the Motion is identical.
3. If the submission is a minor, concentration, etc. – on the Program line, place “Program name – Minor/Conc/Spec name.”
4. If a course is being modified, verify that it is in inventory and active. If not active, it must be made so with this form. If a new
course, verify the course number is not already being used. If a new course, is it being added to (inventory only) or (inventory and
Program Checklist (curriculum)) – be specific.
5. On the Motion line, state what motion you want the body to act upon, i.e., add new course, revise title, delete minor, etc.
6. The Contact Hours are needed for full disclosure in the Bulletin/Catalog Course Descriptions, mainly for the student’s benefit
when they are planning their schedule. Reminder – a lab class is two or more contact hours per week for each credit hour.
7. The 6-digit CIP code is mandatory for creation of programs. The 4-digit minimum CIP code is helpful for all else.
8. The Description boxes should be used for describing a current vs. proposed change in policy, course description, creation, etc.
Info must visibly fit inside the box or on a separate sheet with “See attached” printed in the box on the form.
9. Is the course cross-listed? If so, check the yes-box and list the course subject(s)/number(s) in the Rationale box.
10. Is the course dual-level? If so, check the yes-box and list the course subject(s)/number(s) in the Rationale box.
11. Revisions (motions) include but are not limited to:
*Use Program Checklist instead of Curriculum as this is more descriptive.
12. In the Proposed section, only include the new modifications. No need to repeat what is already in Current.
13. Unless it is a correction to an already published Bulletin/Catalog/Manual, this form should be for the upcoming publishing in the
Fall with a Mar 01 deadline. After Mar 01, publishing is for the following year in the fall.
14. On the Add to line, state where the modification is to go, i.e., major block, elective block, prof study block, Pol/Proc Man., etc.
The areas on the Program Checklist are:
*The Specialization Block is only for the graduate-level programs. The others may apply to both levels.
15. In the Rationale/Instructions section, info must visibly fit inside the box or on a separate sheet with “See attached” printed in the
box on the form. If “Earlier-see Rationale” is chosen for Banner/Bulletin/Catalog Begin, the desired semester must be listed here.
16. Please Email the original form to Ms. Strother for reviewing. Once she has signed-off, remaining signatures should be obtained
and the packet sent (both electronically and hard-copy) from the Dean’s Office to Ms. Gambles.
MOST IMPORTANT – If you know you are going to submit for the next ASCC/GC meeting, do not wait. You may turn your fully
signed paperwork in months ahead and it will be held until the next meeting. You do not have to wait until the announcement of a
meeting forthcoming to begin the process.