International Student Services
I-20 Travel Signature Request Form
Updated 11/13/2019 | 651.779.3300
3300 Century Avenue North, White Bear Lake, MN
In order to return to the United States for continuation of your studies at Century College, you need a travel
signature on your I-20 before you travel outside of the U.S. Please complete this form and bring it to International
Student Services, W1221, along with your I-20, at least 7 business days before you plan to travel.
To Be Completed by the Student: Please Type or Print Clearly
Student Name: ________________________________________________________________________________
Student ID:______________________ Phone:__________________ Email:_______________________________
Program End Date on I-20:______________________________ Degree Program:__________________________
Is your passport valid for the dates of your travels?
□ Yes □ No
Will your F-1 visa still be valid on the date you plan
to return to the U.S.?
□ Yes □ No
Where are you traveling?
Locations: _____________________________________
Date of Departure: ______________
Date of Return: ______________
**If you have a NEW passport, visa, or I-94 attach copies to this form.**
Are you on OPT?
□ Yes □ No
Travel signatures are valid for 6 months for individuals on OPT; or 12 months for students studying (not on OPT).
By signing below, I certify that the above information is correct; I plan to travel outside of the United States of
American and then return to my studies at Century College.
_______________________________________________________ ___________________________
Student Signature Date
When travelling outside of the United States carry these documents with you to be prepared for re-entry to the US:
I-20 (with travel signature dated in the last year).
Valid passport (valid for 6 months into the future on date of re-entry).
Valid United States visa.
Printed proof of enrollment past and future (recommended), examples: transcript, course schedule.
Printed financial information showing proof of necessary funds to cover tuition and living expenses.
If you have optional practical training status, also carry your Employment Authorization card and proof of
employment (letter from employer).
If you changed immigration status while in the US, carry change of status approval notice (I-797).
For more information on re-entry to the United States on an F-1 Visa visit:
If you plan to renew your visa from your home country review the “How to Apply” section at:
Century College is a member of Minnesota State. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be
available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.773.1745 or emailing
click to sign
click to edit