INTERVIEW REVIEW CITERIA AND ASSESSMENT FORM
Interview notes are no longer required by committee members. Members will now use the Interview
Criteria Evaluation form to evaluate an applicant’s response to each interview question. The hiring
supervisor and/or the screening committee must develop the interview criteria and interview
questions using the sample format provided below. Interview questions must be approved by HR if
preapproved questions are not used.
Please be aware that application review criteria (criteria used to evaluate the applications) may also be
used as interview criteria. Interview criteria must relate to the position and also to each interview
question (criterion may relate to multiple questions). Attached, please find a sample of the interview
evaluation format, which will assist you in preparing for the interview portion of the hiring process.
Please follow the following instructions:
• After each interview, be sure that the committee (if a committee is used) uses the form and
discuss and decide how to best evaluate each applicant.
• The committee chair uses the assessments made by the committee members to complete a
final Interview assessment form for each applicant.
• The completed form(s) are submitted to HR with the recommendation packet.
• Only one interview criteria form is needed for each applicant interviewed.
• Committee members nor the hiring supervisor are required to take notes during the interview.
• However, if notes are taken they MUST be submitted to HR.
Due to limited space, interview questions may accompany the form as an attachment. Criteria must
relate to a question and may relate to multiple questions.