INTERPRETER EDUCATION PROGRAM APPLICATION FORM 2020-2021
NAME:________________________________________________ DATE: _____________ COUGAR ID # :
_______________________ Birthdate __________________________
E-MAIL ADDRESS: _____________________________________ PHONE NUMBER________________ PROGRAM NOTES &
AGREEMENTS FOR INTERPRETING MAJOR CANDIDATES
Carefully read each item and ask for clarification as necessary.
1) A minimum 320-hour, non-paid, practicum experience is required during the last two semesters of the Interpreter Education Program.
Students may not enroll in practicum until all first through third semester courses, as per the Plan of Study, are completed. Practicum hours beyond
regular weekday hours may not be available.
2) STUDENTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE ONE 160-HOUR PRACTICUM PLACEMENT AT A K-12 PUBLIC SCHOOL
SETTING are eligible to apply for Hearing Impaired Interpreter Licensure from the Ohio Department of Education. This practicum requires day-
3) Majors must enroll in a minimum of two to three designated Interpreting courses each semester
In order to maintain status as a major. You must have completed or be in the process of completing ALL courses according to the Plan of Study to
enroll in practicum courses – IEP 2901, 2902, 2903. If a student leaves the program and wants to return, they must attend a new Mandatory
Information Session to re-apply, and follow the Plan of Study for the new admission year. To re-enter the program, students may be required to take
ASL and/or Interpreting skills placement tests.
4) All Interpreting Major courses require a grade of “C” or higher to continue to the next level of study, keep major status, and serve as
fulfilling graduation requirements. Practicum courses IEP 2901, 2902, and 2903 require a grade of “B” or higher to move to the next level of courses
and to fulfill graduation requirements. See syllabi for more info.
5) Many Interpreting Major courses are only available once a year. Failure to earn the minimum required grades in prerequisite courses,
and/or not taking a course when offered may delay graduation, and affect major status.
6) I understand that in order to enroll in the first semester of IEP AAS degree courses, I must be at least 18 years old, and a High School
graduate or have the equivalent GED.
7) I understand that in order to enroll in my first practicum course (IEP 2901 or IEP 2903), I must first take the EEP (Entrance Exam for
Practicum) and receive a score of 83% or higher.
8) I have read the Release Agreement regarding being video and audio taped in Interpreter Education Program courses.
9) I have read, and agree to abide by the Privacy and Social Media Guidelines and CSCC Interpreter Education Program Student Code of
Professional Conduct attached.
10) I have read the Essential Functions for Interpreter Education Program Students; and verify that I meet these minimum requirements.
11) It is the responsibility of the student to keep all personal information current with the CSCC registrar’s office.
12) I will respect and honor the privacy of all classmates, faculty and staff as it relates to sharing information, social networking, and all other
forms of communication; and to be honest and truthful with faculty and staff.
13) I understand that in order to be successful in the Interpreter Education Program, I will be required to invest hours outside of the classroom
interacting with the Deaf community.