Congratulations on receiving an application for employment on the NCA Staff! The National Cheerleaders Association is the
original cheerleading company dating back to 1948. We’ve built our reputation on a long-standing tradition of excellence,
quality and integrity in everything we do. We’re the ﬁrst and we’re the best.
NCA runs the most well-rounded camps in the nation. For over sixty-ﬁve years, we’ve brought you the most exciting and
BEST cheerleading and dance training in the world and we pride ourselves in having the most professional staff in the
industry. Each and every NCA Instructor is highly trained, caring, enthusiastic and determined to help each team member
reach their goals and each team become the best they can be.
The following list will give you some pointers for successfully ﬁlling out your application and ﬁlming your video:
• Please note that you must turn 18 years of age by the end of May in order to apply for the NCA Staff this summer.
If you do not meet this requirement, please keep this application in order to apply next year.
• Ask three (3) non-family members to write short recommendations on your behalf – we strongly suggest having one
letter from your current coach.
• Start early – it is stressful to throw together a quality video at the last minute.
• Think of your video as a job interview – only include the best of your abilities.
• Review your video before sending it in! Make sure it contains the following:
• An introduction (i.e. why you would like to be on NCA Staff)
• Three (3) different advanced jumps
• One (1) cheer showcasing motion technique
• 1-2 running tumbling skills
• 1-2 standing tumbling skills
• Two (2) stunts – females must perform two all-girl stunts but are allowed to do two additional coed stunts; males
may perform two group stunts, two coed stunts or a combination of both.
• Perform jumps and tumbling on a standard cheer surface (grass, court or thin mat) with shoes on (please do not use a
spring ﬂoor; however, you may include extra skills on a spring ﬂoor that you are currently working on).
• Type or clearly print your application and include a full body picture.
• Send your video in an appropriate package to prevent any damage during transit.
• Please be mindful of the deadline on your application.
You will receive a letter conﬁrming the receipt of your video and application within a month.
If you do not receive this letter, please call our ofﬁce. You will be notiﬁed of employment by March 1
Once more, we congratulate you and look forward to reviewing your application and video!
The NCA Stafﬁng Team
INSTRUCTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
STEP 1 – NCA will begin accepting initial application interest
forms November 1st and all applications must be complete
by January 2nd (or Live Tryout Date). For more information
please visit the “Staff” page at NCA.Varsity.com to ﬁnd the
contact information for the Stafﬁng Director in charge of your
state. Note: Applicant must turn 18 years of age by May/
June depending on your Staff Training date.
To apply, please come prepared with the following information,
as you will add it digitally using the link below -
❑ Active Address
❑ City, State, Zip
❑ Home Phone (with area code)
❑ Cell Phone (with area code)
❑ Are you currently in high school, college or are you a
young professional (must be at least a high school
senior to apply)?
❑ Which college or university do you attend, or plan to
attend (if applicable)?
❑ Do/did you currently cheer at the above program?
❑ If you are no longer in school, what is your current
❑ If you do not live at the address above, what is your
❑ Which state will you live in when the summer begins?
STEP 2 - Once the interest form (Step 1) has been completed
the Stafﬁng Director responsible for your state will reach out
via email to inform you how you will be required to tryout.
Some states require an in-person live tryout and others
require you to upload your skills digitally. Here is what you
will need to have prepared for either method.
❑ Birth date
❑ Stunting Position
❑ Camp (s) attended in previous years
❑ Do you have reliable transportation to get to camps if hired?
Live Tryout or Video Link Upload Requirements
1. One recent full body picture
2. Three (3) letters of recommendation – may be written by a
sponsor, teacher, dance instructor, coach, employer, etc.
3. Instructor Application Questionnaire (back side of this
The skills showcased at a Live Tryout or uploaded digitally
should only consist of your most advanced skills:
1. An introduction including your name, where you currently
cheer, and why you would like to be an NCA instructor.
2. 3 different advanced jumps – connected series is preferred
3. 1 cheer showing a variety of motions with proper technique
4. 1-2 running tumbling skills
5. 1-2 standing tumbling skills
6. 2 group stunts (mandatory) - 2 partner stunts (optional)
Only skills performed on an approved surface will be scored.
Tumbling MAY NOT utilize a spring ﬂoor. The video links will
become the property of NCA.
Your application will not be processed until all items
are received. You will be notiﬁed of employment status
by March 1st.
Ofﬁce Use Only:
Date application was presented ________________________
Presenting Head Instructor ____________________________