9. The Student hereby agrees not to register for classes without the written permission of the office of Student
Financial Services of the University while owing any part of the prior semester's assessments for Educational
10. The Student agrees that the University Registrar may withhold the Student's academic records, including
transcripts and diplomas, during any period of default hereunder.
11. The Student agrees to promptly notify the University of any change of address. In the event the
Student fails to notify the University of any change of address, or fails to communicate with the
University for a period of 45 days after any default in making payments due under this Agreement, the
University shall have the right to employ a collection agency, list the account with a credit reporting
agency and/or use any other legal means to collect this debt, and assess against the Student, all
expenses incurred, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees.
12. The Student understands that all fees for the Educational Services must be paid in full, this Agreement
notwithstanding, before any financial aid will be disbursed to the Student.
13. The Student expressly waives demand of payment, presentment for payment, notice of dishonor, notice of
non-payment and all other notices except those required by law.
14. The Student understands that the University may, without notice to the Student and without affecting the
liability of the Student, renew and/or extend this Agreement, accept partial payment thereon, or settle or
compromise any amounts due or owing under this Agreement.
15. Notice is hereby given that the University may, at its option, report good and bad credit information (i.e.,
credit ratings, etc.) to credit bureaus and other appropriate non-campus organizations.
16. Notice is hereby given that the University, in the usual conduct of its credit-granting and collection activity,
may release the debtor's social security number to non-campus organizations.
17. Notice is hereby given that the University, its agents, representatives, attorneys and contractors (including
collection agencies) may contact students through their mobile phone, home phone and email, including by
way of text and automated message calls, for purposes of collection of any portion of past due student
financial obligations. Notice is hereby given that the University, in the usual conduct of its credit-granting
and collection activity, may release the debtor's social security number to non-campus organizations.
18. The Student understands that the billing rights statement printed on the back of this Agreement and made a
part of this Agreement outlines the Student's rights and the University's responsibilities under §§ 226.12( c)
and 226.13 of the Federal Truth in Lending Act.
19. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of PA, without regard to the conflict of
a. Billing Date: The close of business on the 15th day of each month.
b. Billing Period: The interval between the close of business on the 15th day of one month and the close
of business on the 15th day of the following month.
c. New Balance: The unpaid balance as of the Billing Date.
NOTICE TO THE STUDENT:
(1) Do not sign this Agreement before you read it or if it contains any blank space.
(2) You are entitled to a completely filled-in copy of this Agreement.
(3) Under the law you have the right to pay off in advance the full amount due, and under certain
conditions to obtain a partial refund of the finance charge.
ANY HOLDER OF THE CONSUMER CONTRACT IS SUBJECT TO ALL THE CLAIMS AND DEFENSES
WHICH THE DEBTOR COULD ASSERT AGAINST THE SELLER OF THE GOODS OR SERVICES
OBTAINED PURSUANT HEREOF. RECOVERY HEREUNDER BY THE DEBTOR SHALL NOT EXCEED
AMOUNTS PAID BY THE DEBTOR HEREUNDER.
The Student hereby applies for acceptance into the University’s Installment Credit Program and acknowledges
receipt of an exact, completed copy of this Agreement.
Witness ___________________________________ Signature of Student ____________________________________
Date: ________________________ , 20 ________
click to sign
click to edit