INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in serving the Humboldt County Office of Education. Because your qualifications will be initially
determined on the basis of the information provided in the application, it is essential that this application form and all other
supporting documents be complete and accurate in every respect. Resumes and vitas will be accepted; however, a
thoroughly completed application form is required in order for you to be considered for the position. Therefore, do not use
the phrase “see resume” or similar in the application or you will be subject to disqualification from the screening process.
To assist you in this procedure, we are providing these additional instructions for preparing the enclosed application
1. Applications should be submitted only by persons who meet all of the required qualifications as indicated in the job
specifications. Please review a copy of the job description before preparing and submitting the application.
2. For the sake of clarity, every item should have either an entry or the word “none” or “not applicable.” It is recommended
that applicants use a typewriter (for hard copy) or a computer (for online form) in completing these forms.
3. Verification of technical skills or certificates of completion for training programs may be provided with application. In
some instances, providing current skills certificates will permit a waiver of competency tests otherwise required for
employment. Contact the Personnel Office if you have specific questions.
4. Letters of recommendation from prior employers, supervisors, and/or training instructors are desirable and should
accompany application if available and if they would assist in determining your overall qualifications for the position you
5. Illegible or incomplete applications will not be processed. Please use care when filling out this application form.
6. Be sure to check the position announcement to see if any additional information is required to be submitted in addition
to this application form. Completed application papers and confidential file must be filed with the Personnel Office no
later than the deadline shown on the announcement. Candidates are encouraged to return their applications as early
7. The following apply to the question about being convicted of a crime: a) A conviction includes a plea or verdict of guilty,
a finding of guilt by a court in a trial without a jury, or a conviction following a plea of nolo contendere; b) You may
exclude convictions for marijuana related offenses more than two years old; c) Expungement, discharge or other order
by a court under Section 1203.4 of the Penal Code does not relieve you of your obligation to report all other felony or
misdemeanor convictions on this application; d) State law requires all applicants prior to employment to be fingerprinted;
e) Although generally a conviction does not bar employment, state law prohibits employment of any person convicted
of certain sex and narcotic offenses and certain serious or violent felonies.
Completed application papers must be filed with the Personnel Office no later than the deadline shown on the
announcement. Candidates are encouraged to return their applications as early as possible.
Should you need any assistance in filling out this form, please contact the Personnel Department staff.
The Humboldt County Office of Education is proud to support
the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action and does not
illegally discriminate against applicants on any basis protected by law. For more
information on EEO/AA policies, please contact the Personnel Office.