INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
This Independent Contractor Agreement (“Agreement”) made _______________________,
20____ by and between _______________________ (“Employer”) and
_______________________ (“Independent Contractor”).
Independent Contractor is an independent contractor willing to provide certain skills and abilities
to the Employer that the Employer has a demand and need.
In consideration of the mutual terms, conditions, and covenants hereinafter set forth, Employer
and Independent Contractor agree as follows:
1. Work Status. The Employer hereby employs the Independent Contractor as an independent
contractor, and the Independent Contractor hereby accepts employment.
2. Start Date. The term of this Agreement shall commence on _______________________,
20____. Either party may, without cause, terminate this Agreement by giving ____ day(s’)
written notice to the other.
3. Services Provided. The Employer shall pay to the Independent Contractor and the
Independent Contractor shall accept from the Employer as compensation for the following
services to be provided:
4. Compensation. The Employer shall compensate the Independent Contractor in the following
5. Insurance. The Independent Contractor shall ☐ be required ☐ not be required to have
insurance attributed to their service provided. Such insurance shall ☐ be reimbursed ☐ not be
reimbursed by the Employer.
6. Travel Expenses. The Independent Contractor’s travel expenses shall ☐ be reimbursed ☐
not be reimbursed by the Employer.
7. Materials. The Independent Contractor’s materials used for providing the services shall ☐ be
reimbursed ☐ not be reimbursed by the Employer.
8. Other Business Activity. The Independent Contractor may engage in other business
activities provided, however, that Independent Contractor shall not during the term of this
Agreement solicit the Employer’s employees, clients, accounts, or other related business
endeavors of the Employer.
9. Unplanned Events. If for reasons beyond the control of the Employer and Independent
Contractor should affect this Agreement, this Agreement shall terminate immediately. Such
events include, but are not limited to, illness, incapacitation, death, or other “Acts of God”.